HybridZ

L24 supercharged *just some pics*

ovenfood

yer sry posted in a rush, i dont remember the problem but it was set up wrong and didnt work, it was shelved and the parts are in several places at the moment. he said he would have no problem getting it to work now as he knows how to set it up properly being more experienced these days but there is little point with todays technology.

these are the only pics ive seen and i didnt really ask bout the specifics but as you can imagine there was alot of costom bits :>

It is simular to the TR6 supercharged set ups. They use a single SU off of a Jag and run about 5 to 6 psi of boost.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/trpictures/

If you built the motor for a forced induction purpose, as in like more than 6psi, then it would be best to intercool it.

The problem with the Triumph guys is that they take the motor that they have and then slap a supercharger onto it. You don't get anything with 9:1 compression and 6psi compared to 7.5:1 or 8:1 and 15psi.

If you built the motor for a forced induction purpose, as in like more than 6psi, then it would be best to intercool it.

The problem with the Triumph guys is that they take the motor that they have and then slap a supercharger onto it. You don't get anything with 9:1 compression and 6psi compared to 7.5:1 or 8:1 and 15psi.

You really do not want to intercool a wet system. There is too much volume and a back fire would be dangerous! I just wanted to show some other options out there. Six psi on a 280 motor would work fine without a intercooler. There are some FI wet supercharged Zs that are working great with out an intercooler

I don't know what the term wet system means. :/ I just said intercooler because there was someone on here with a green z that was supercharged and he ran into detonation problems or something? He thought maybe it was due to the heat of the intake charge, especially from the supercharger and the exhaust on the same side.

Ah ok, its because of the carbs onto the supercharger thing. I was thinking more on the lines of running a supercharger to injectors, so its the same concept as a turbo... just... supercharger. Cool the air before the injectors sort of thing.

EDIT: Maybe not, I'm still lost. D: Someone is bound to explain.

A wet system is Air-Carbs-SC-Intake-Engine.

A Dry system would be Air -> SC -> Carbs/injectors -> Intake -> Engine

or

Air -> SC -> Intercooler -> Carbs/injectors -> Intake -> Engine

So in a wet system with Suck through fuel from a carb in front of the SC theres a fuel air/mix transiting the intercooler in a wet intercooled system. one backfire and the intercooler will be doing a decent impression of a grenade. coolers don't have the structural integrity of cylinder walls :)