HybridZ

Opinion - best body filler product?

z2go

I'm looking for the general opinion on what to use for body filler, and just as importantly, what to avoid. What are your opinions?

I was thinking about POR-15 epoxy putty for its ease of use and durability, but at $120 for six pounds, is it overkill?

I don't have a ton of body work to do, parking lot dings and dents mostly.

I am not a fan of cutting corners, and I'm definitely willing to pay for quality, but I don't want to splurge where I should be spending wisely.

I've used evercoat and 3M stuff. I like both quite a bit, though if I know I wont be able to sand it within about an hour or two of using it i'll use 3m. Evercoat makes a great product but it gets very hard and difficult to shape easily after about an hour in my opinion. Though I do think that Evercoat does give a better finished product.

You're blowing my mind. How does that work?

It works just like any other body filler except it's a little more difficult to sand and it's waterproof. I've used it for small jobs: dings & rust repair. It works great.

I buy it by the quart here: http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/usc-all-metal-premium-aluminum-filled-auto-body-filler-p-14787.aspx