HybridZ

81-83 tail lights in an s30?

Avernier

Has this been done? I searched... and searched...and searched some more but have not found where its been done. I haven't had the opportunity to measure the 280zx lights but if someone with an s130 would like to, I'd like to know the demensions. I did a very quick chop and i really like it.

lightidea.jpg

thoughts?

Nevermind him they look ok to me, alot of us dont like the stockers or other swaps...corvette, skyline, 300zx etc its a "to each his own" and thats how people should treat it. If you dont like them theres no reason to post your opinion this isnt the lounge this is a tech section so if you have advice on the install or pics post away but keep your opinion to yourself especially if you can even make a proper sentence out of it.

Having been there (I did this swap with Z32 tails), if you chose to do this I would recommend you cut the rear panel out of a junk yard S130 and graft the metal where the lights bolt to into the rear panel of your S30. It will make alignment and mounting much easier.

This is exactly what I was planning on doing since alot the stock metal there was rusted and bent. I'm mostly looking for demensions on the lights so I know how much needs to be cut....

Thanks...