HybridZ

rota rb - wanna get wider rims but im worried

I want to change my rear 8.5 with -19 offset (using spacers) to the 9.5 inch rims which have a -13 offset and it seems like it would rub on my flares for sure being that they stick out a .5" from my current setup. Anyone running the rear 9.5 rota with flares and getting a nice tuck or am I going to have to raise my car. The 9" version with the -13 offset work out to my exact wheel placement but I was hoping for 9.5". Any help would be appreciated, here is how she stands now.

37.jpg

Thanks, yours looks good too. I have coilovers so its quite a bit lower than stock, hopefully not as low as your car when you end up in a dip or im in trouble. I'm thinking maybe I should just try the 9.5" out and I can machine the inside of the rim if I need to gain a couple mm clearance. I think the sweeping spokes in the rear and my front rims should give a nice look, I need to make this happen. Anyone else?

Thanks man I love her too :) I drive it around as a daily driver when the weather permits, too hot or too cold and the toyota pickup is my go to guy LOL. It doesn't rub anywhere but the fenders have been cut up to where the flare attaches to the body so it has a good deal of clearance. On a side note I'm running NISTUNE on my rb25det, awesome product, cool to see you are a dealer.

Thanks man I love her too :) I drive it around as a daily driver when the weather permits, too hot or too cold and the toyota pickup is my go to guy LOL. It doesn't rub anywhere but the fenders have been cut up to where the flare attaches to the body so it has a good deal of clearance. On a side note I'm running NISTUNE on my rb25det, awesome product, cool to see you are a dealer.

Very very nice Z you have. I cant wait till mine gets to that stage (minus the RB cause I have shallow pockets)

Xylemer and I also drive Toyota pickups as dailys, ha.

And we all have Zs... Thats pretty intense.

Lol, good taste in cars what can I say :) Its funny because there's a shop in SoCal called Mike Z. I went to get parts once in my red 87 4x4 and he had pulled up as I got there in a red 84 4x4 (i was jealous of his solid axle but I have A/C and power steering lol). On top of that my z was white at the time and he had a white z as well.... weird.

Would you believe its spray paint? LOL let me tell you it came out better than I thought. I originally did it to get me along a few months until I could get a professional paint job after my swap was done and the kinks were worked out, but since then I've pretty much decided to leave it as is. Everyone I've run into loves it and I frequently track my car and daily drive it so I feel a lot more comfortable not worrying something will happen to it.

Would you believe its spray paint? LOL let me tell you it came out better than I thought. I originally did it to get me along a few months until I could get a professional paint job after my swap was done and the kinks were worked out, but since then I've pretty much decided to leave it as is. Everyone I've run into loves it and I frequently track my car and daily drive it so I feel a lot more comfortable not worrying something will happen to it.

Wow... A can?

Thats nice. I guess its all in the prep work and skill. Was any sanding done? Multiple coats?

I prepped it fairly well but nothing out of the ordinary, just enough to scuff up the paint so it bonds. It has about 10 cans in it and Ive gone over the car twice since then with about 3 cans each time so its covered pretty well. The nice thing about flat colors is that there is no light reflection so its pretty forgiving. It doesn't hurt that the car had a straight body to begin with.

Oh and I've tried a bunch of cans before I got to this certain type of Krylon that my local do-it center carries, really nice paint in a can for what its worth.

The car has 1" spacers in the back already, moving to a 9.5 would bring out the wheel an additional .5" with offsets and everything in mind, I did all the calculations already. I know a bunch of people bought 9.5" on the group my but I feel like it will rub due to the way my car is sitting now.

Lol, good taste in cars what can I say :) Its funny because there's a shop in SoCal called Mike Z. I went to get parts once in my red 87 4x4 and he had pulled up as I got there in a red 84 4x4 (i was jealous of his solid axle but I have A/C and power steering lol). On top of that my z was white at the time and he had a white z as well.... weird.

heh, co-incidence. I have a '85 Toyota Hilux Surf. Short wheelbase version of the Hilux ute you guys call the pickup, and with a removable fibreglass canopy over the rear seats that can turn it into an open air ride :P

I prepped it fairly well but nothing out of the ordinary, just enough to scuff up the paint so it bonds. It has about 10 cans in it and Ive gone over the car twice since then with about 3 cans each time so its covered pretty well. The nice thing about flat colors is that there is no light reflection so its pretty forgiving. It doesn't hurt that the car had a straight body to begin with.

Oh and I've tried a bunch of cans before I got to this certain type of Krylon that my local do-it center carries, really nice paint in a can for what its worth.

I was actually thinking of your Z the other day and have shown it to all my car buddies as inspiration for my '75 project. Flat black is an amazing choice and looks downright mean :evil:

im pretty sure the group buy is 9.5 -13 and 9 -19....that makes the wheels the same distance overall

9.5 come in -19 and the 9's come in -13, otherwise I'm sure they would fit.... I know for a fact the 9"-13 will fit my fenders exactly like my current setup does but I wanted the 9.5's

I was actually thinking of your Z the other day and have shown it to all my car buddies as inspiration for my '75 project. Flat black is an amazing choice and looks downright mean :evil:

Thanks man, I often wonder if anyone talks about my car because I know I always show cars to my friends.... I feel pretty accomplished :mrgreen: