HybridZ

Anybody try Tunerstudio, yet?

trwebb26

I think he meant to say 'bout.

I'm wanting to switch over to TS from MegaTune, I like the gauges better and the maps can be rotated. I need to get a decent tune locked down before I go over to the fancy stuff though.

MegaTune would probably be easier to use at first, and the only problems I've had with it is when I try to close MT it will lock up sometimes.

TrumpetRhapsody uses TunerStudio over MegaTune IIRC, hopefully he'll chime in.

*Random interjection:* Save your maps as different names until you get the car running really well. I'd been doing it until last night, I used the VE Analyzer and clicked "Save" instead of "Save As" and it completely screwed up my Fuel :/

• Administrators

*Random interjection:* Save your maps as different names until you get the car running really well.

I save with customer name, date, and session as I progress, ie "hintz9_28s2". I can always go back to a point in time. It comes in handy when you've made an unintended change and discover it later :wink:

IMO MegaTune is easier to make major changes and get the car running initially, but TunerStudio is much nicer to dial in your tables. The graph representation is much nicer than in MegaTune, and the 3D rotation really is helpful for smoothing things out.

I don't know if it's the location of things, or the feel, but I'd be afraid to ONLY use TunerStudio. Something just feels... safer about MegaTune. That being said I haven't used MegaTune on my car in months.

I found TunerStudio to be very similar to MegaTune as far as layout goes, I've been using TunerStudio because MegaTune crashes WAY too much(it requires a hard restart in order to get back to what I was doing). I also like the accel enrichment graphs better that the bars in megatune, they allow me to make quick changes without datalogging.