HybridZ

84 z31, air compressor, LSD???

Delasangre4231

It does have air powered seats, if a GLL, there are a bunch of switches on the seat that you can pump up and there is a small air compressor under the seat which operates those gizmos. Unfortunately the seat covering is a crappy vinyl/leather combo and they usually are toast by now. The three I've had were not usable but if you can find one with cloth seats in the junkyard they work nicely and weigh a lot less. I'll be charitable and assume he is a complete moron and doesn't know the difference between shocks and seat nor his a** from his elbow.

The air pump is at the front near the power steering pump and it has 4 vac hoses going to it.

the air suspension has vacuum hoses coming from it to. Not sure exactly where they go, as I don't use them anymore, but I can see someone making that mistake, as the air suspension does have a vacuum tube going somewhere that comes out of each strut tower hat... but it could just be a vent tube for all i know.

Edited by Careless

No Z31 came with Air Suspension, The Adjustable suspension was Electronic. The Tubes were just Vent tubes for the Covers used. The way they worked is a Solenoid would change the valving in the Strut,Shock. the Fluid in the Strut/Shock would be forced through progressively smaller holes to stiffen the shock.