HybridZ

My first Z!

What are you getting for mileage with your 1jz sketch? Meph is getting around 30-35 with his I think.

I could probably get 30 if I drove it freeway only and calmly :D

But the way I drive (boosting all over the place and every gear) I'm getting about 20-22 city and about 25-28 hwy.

This is HARD driving. Lots of trips to 120mph, really beating on it. If I drove my supra this way it would probably get 10-13mpg.

I also am running 225 width tires at pretty low pressure so thats not helping.

I'm very pleased with the millage considering how I drive it.

The only long trip i've taken it on was about 250 miles in one day, cruising about 85mph and plenty of boost pulls netted 28mpg. I still had about a 1/4 tank left where with the l28 I would have been empty at around 220 miles.

Edited by Sketch_hs

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats pretty good, I would be happy with that kind of gas milage, Mine isn't even driving yet. :P The more I hear about the 1jz the more I like it, I think thats what I will swap in when I do my swap down the road. I might go N/A 2jz though I'm not sure I will have to do some more research but anyways Have fun with your Z sounds like its really fun to drive.

Edited by 19752802+2

Thats pretty good, I would be happy with that kind of gas milage, Mine isn't even driving yet. :P The more I hear about the 1jz the more I like it, I think thats what I will swap in when I do my swap down the road. I might go N/A 2jz though I'm not sure I will have to do some more research but anyways Have fun with your Z sounds like its really fun to drive.

Do a 1.5jz ( 1jz everything but a 2jz block, most people use the NA block)

That's what's probably in my future :)

• 4 weeks later...

Ypipe and downpipe installed. Picked up a nice amount of power but hitting fuel cut all the time :)

Replaced Diff mount with new Nissan. WOW best $40 I ever spent! Fixed my diff bang/clunk and lots of the vibration.

Parts on the way for the rest of the exhaust. Pics coming soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...