HybridZ

finally weighed the Z

Guest zphreek

Guest zphreek

ah! four years of labors are starting to pay off! i took my 72 240z in to the scale today and she tipped it at 2080 lbs! :D i was very happy to see that in my resto frenzy i hadnt actually made it weigh more! this weight was with-out me, most of the interior is in, no passenger seat, shaved bumpers, fiberglass front end, strut braces, heavier-than-original floorpans, vented toyo front brakes, and about a half tank of fuel. i guess with me in it and a full tank it would weigh a little over 2250# but i think that is still pretty good rockon.gif

I'm in awe. My '72 was gutted, and I mean GUTTED. I took every single bracket, brace, screw, and tab that was not needed off the car, with an entire fiberglass body (that was not much lighter than the steel it replaced), race wheels and tires (these were LIGHT), light racing seats, no dash, no carpet, the fiberglass doors did save 75lbs, and it still weighed 2100.

Guest zphreek

hmmm.... weird.gif that sounds kinda weird to me... because i have a full dash and all the carpet in. plus everything but the front-end is metal. i weighed it on a scale used to weigh trucks for selling corn and beans, maybe this scale was not real accurate? i was assuming it had to be fairly accurate since it was used for buying and selling crops.

Guest zphreek

alas...twas user error not scale innacuracy rolleyesg.gif i, in all my wisdom, did not check the scale before i got on to make sure it was at 0 malebitchslap.gif after i posted i got to thinking that my car really shouldnt have been that light, so i went back and checked the scale and i saw what i was hoping i wouldnt, the scale said " - 60 " grrr... so my car actually weighs 2140 sour.gif i guess its still lighter than a 280z...

My BSP prepared 1970 240Z was 2,260 lbs the last time I corner weighed it. That's with racing seats, full interior and dash, roll bar, full sheet metal body, light racing wheels and tires, header, lightweight stainless exhaust, and 1/4 tank of gas.

Fore/aft balance was 50.5% front, 49.5% rear and cross weights were dead on at 50% with me in the driver's seat. FYI... the 2260 total weight was without driver.

Guest 73TPIZ

My '73 240 weighed 2375 (w/o driver) w/ the 6 cyl in it before the conversion to my 305TPI. That was totally stock, bumpers, interior and all. (half tank of gas). I weighed on a digital scale at work. I trust this one (I work at a pharmacuetical plant and we pay for all our solvents by it) . After the conversion, it went to 2560 but I hope to shave a few more pounds before I'm finished.

Put a '77 280Z on a certified scale. Car had 16" wheels & tires and the MSA Aero II ground effects kit along with '83ZX 5-spd and R200 and 1/2 tank of gas. It weighed 2,800 even.

Last week I put a completely stock '83ZX - NA with 5-spd, 3/4 tank of gas, and T-tops and it weighed 2,880. the best part was that it was an axle scale and the car axled at 1,430 front and 1,450 rear. If it'd had a 1/2 tank of gas it would have been an even 50/50 split.

The best way for me to cut weight, is to go on a diet myself. :D If I get down to 190, that`s 30.lbs. for the car I plan to use aluminum heads,and the msa bumpers and ground effects kit.The only problem with that is, the roll cage will still weigh more than the weight that I save. twak.gif I guess I`ll just have to build more hp/tq rockon.gif

Guest Anonymous

my 1973 260 with 2 by 3 inch tubing from front to back with crysler rear, alum floor and dash with

racing seat, center line wheels, 12 inch slicks,

racing wheels front with steel 350 with headers and glide and fiber front with no bumpers with full glass---2260

my 1977 280z convertiable with partial rool cage

wt 2585 lbs and stock 6 cyl

Guest Anonymous

my first V8 conversion was a 72 240z..with iron everything, a th350 tranny, half tank of gas, 280z suspension(r200,struts), roll bar and with me in it (180) i tipped the scales at 2450...i dont think that was too bad.....by the way im not done with my second conversion but i started with a 71 240z....#8001 to be produced....feel kinda bad for putting a V8 in it but gotta have more power...lol

• 9 months later...

Hello, update

Well it's been 9 months and over the winter my car gained weight.

Just got back from the truck scale and my came in at 2600 lbs.

rear 1300 front 1300. gained 80 lbs. everyone is loosing weight I'm

gaining.

The difference from 9 months ago

My new tires and rims weigh 52 lb, 17 lbs more then the ones I had on.

Added more weight with the 1" front sway bar and 7/8" rear, didnt have rear. Added coil overs.

I'm not looking for top hauling speed, just keep me on the ground :roll: .

Adam

Went over to Golden Gernsey (sp?) in town here and parked the Z on the scales. Car wieghed 2380 lbs. without driver and with 5/8 tank of fuel. Not to shabby :D considering I have some heavy @ss wheels and thicker, heavier sway bars.

When I get the new engine in there I'm also putting on my glass fenders, so when it's able to drive I'm going to take it back to the scale and see what happens

!M!

Guest JAMIE T

My '71 weighed 2253 lbs. with some tools in the floor board, ZG flares(what? maybe a pound at best.) pretty large Centerline wheels, and no bumpers.