HybridZ

rb25 280z new best.......9.69 @ 144mph

J Taylor

Yep, th350. About 15psi cold in the tires.

Motor is unopened. I swapped valve covers and oil pan. Thats it!

LOL Phil.

Sweetness, I hope mine holds up as well as yours does! I'm rockin stock headgasket and studs too. Other than seals, and smalls gaskets here and there and some powdercoating she's the same as the day nissan put her together :)

How much power are you putting down with and w/o nitrous?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome!!!!

what have you done to your rearend?? Transbrake??

Just the plain ole 3.7 LSD but with the new clutches shimmed for 75# breakaway.

I do have a transbrake but have only used it once and snapped both CV axle shafts. lol

The 9.6 was a footbrake pass.

We should have gotten together when you were close by. That would have been cool.

JT

Sweetness, I hope mine holds up as well as yours does! I'm rockin stock headgasket and studs too. Other than seals, and smalls gaskets here and there and some powdercoating she's the same as the day nissan put her together :)

How much power are you putting down with and w/o nitrous?

Well, no doubt mine is on borrowed time. Without nitrous I make 440-450 rwhp @ 20psi. On the 50 jets I make ~550 on pump gas and on the 125 jets I make 630-650 or so with the 1/3 race gas mix. Havent gotten a clean dyno pull with the big jets in so I'm only estimating. Keep in mind this is through an auto which cost me 50 rwhp when I swapped from 5spd.

JT

Just the plain ole 3.7 LSD but with the new clutches shimmed for 75# breakaway.

I do have a transbrake but have only used it once and snapped both CV axle shafts. lol

The 9.6 was a footbrake pass.

We should have gotten together when you were close by. That would have been cool.

JT

What kind of 60 foot did you pull???

If you could launch it off the T-brake i imagine you'd gain a 10th or 2.

Are you considering the TTT rearend setup??? I'm really anxious to see someone put it thru the ringer and see if it holds.

JT,

not trying to tell you how to do things as you are demonstrating that you know what your doing but.... I would feel alot more confident in running my car like that with straight up race gas... say unleaded 104-109

It will save your motor if you get too aggressive. I had a fuel filter issue with mine and if i had been running any kind of pump gas my days would have been over.

What kind of 60 foot did you pull???

If you could launch it off the T-brake i imagine you'd gain a 10th or 2.

Are you considering the TTT rearend setup??? I'm really anxious to see someone put it thru the ringer and see if it holds.

On the 9.69 pass I cut a 1.59 60 ft. I should be able to get it down in the 1.4's with a little practice on a better hooking track. I have never been able to hook well at Montgomery. I wasn't even building any boost before I launched. Just preloaded the suspension then sprayed it when the lights came down. Normally I leave at 8-10psi on a better track

Are you talking about the R230 rear? For the time being I don't plan to change a thing on the rear end until I have a problem breaking parts. It does well as-is and shows no signs of giving up with the footbrake.

JT

JT,

not trying to tell you how to do things as you are demonstrating that you know what your doing but.... I would feel alot more confident in running my car like that with straight up race gas... say unleaded 104-109

I feel pretty comfortable in it like it is....as comfortable as I can knowing I have stock pistons anyway. lol. Its a pretty conservative tune though.....~16 degrees total timing and AFR's ~10.8-11.2 on the gas. It's held up for about 3 months so far on the 125 jets, doing roll races on the street.

I don't plan on it lasting real long. It's making way more power than the rb25 is supposed to handle. I've broken ringlands in the past and I'm sure this one will meet the same fate eventually. When it does, I have a set of CP pistons for the next one.

JT

What are you getting it to stall to before you launch???

What adapter are you using for the TH350?

Just reread what i typed yesterday. sorry if it seemed i was trying to tell you what to do. you have a handle on things. congrats.

We are running the same MPH range. get that 60 foot down and you have potential to be in the 8s.

I'll have to think about the spray on the footbrake thing. Right now i only spray to spool the turbo on the trans-brake.

John once again your car never fails to impress.. I have to admit I wasent too conserned with racing against your car when you showed up but when you pulled that 9.6 out in the semi finals .... well i admit i was freaked out.. Congrats on a super fast and consistant car and thanks again for such a great race.. I cant wait to see the videos..

-Sam

What are you getting it to stall to before you launch???

What adapter are you using for the TH350?

Just reread what i typed yesterday. sorry if it seemed i was trying to tell you what to do. you have a handle on things. congrats.

We are running the same MPH range. get that 60 foot down and you have potential to be in the 8s.

I'll have to think about the spray on the footbrake thing. Right now i only spray to spool the turbo on the trans-brake.

It's cool man. I don't know about 8's....I would be blown away with low 9's......hell, I'm still in disbelief about the mid 9! Wonder what the record is for fastest rb25 powered car with a stock long block. I would love to know. I would also love to know what the record is for a car on a 235 radial! lol

The adapter, trans, flexplate, and converter are all ATI.

Normally, I'll leave on 8-10 psi but the track this weekend has never done well for me so I was leaving on 0 boost. I was holding it at about 2000 rpm's just to preload everything and then just flooring it as I let off the brake. The 125 shot really motivates it quick! lol. I'm going to go to a local track soon and leave on some boost and see if I can get it to go a little quicker.

JT

John once again your car never fails to impress.. I have to admit I wasent too conserned with racing against your car when you showed up but when you pulled that 9.6 out in the semi finals .... well i admit i was freaked out.. Congrats on a super fast and consistant car and thanks again for such a great race.. I cant wait to see the videos..

-Sam

LOL. I bet you were regretting helping with the wideband sensor at that point. haha

Was definately a great race in the finals. I was hoping to take the W but it's all good. No shame in losing to your car. Congrats on the W and the 9 sec pass!

John, that is really hauling. Can you tell what size the exhaust wheel is and what a/r you're running? I'm upgrading my setup and looking for similar power levels (without the nitrous).

I forget which wheel I have but it's a .58 turbine housing......pretty tiny.