HybridZ

Spicy JELLY!

BRAAP

• Administrators

Ok, so Last Saturday Phlebmaster came over to continue scrapping out our parts car behind the shop, (thank you Aaron, behind the shop looks AWESOME!), Gary Moisant stopped by as did Mongo510. Mongo being the uber nice guy he is gave myself and RTz a jar of his home made pepper Jam, (bless his heart!)hug.gif Tonight being a bit hungry I toasted half of a sour dough muffin. Sourdough muffin and home made Jam should be a nice snack! gnam.gif

Ah mah gawd! First bites was AWESOME! Then the burn started! Flavor was so good, I couldn’t stop eating it, even though my mouth was quite literally on fire, it was just so darn good! Temperature of this Jam is high enough to run a gasoline engine! hot.gif

Real test comes tomorrow! :shock:

Good stuff John, thank you. A bit HOT, but VERY good! :wink:

HOT.jpg

Edited by BRAAP

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I don't know how you downed that entire muffin. I smelled it and my eye's began watering (I'm not exagerrating). I took a small taste and the flavor was unbelievably yummy, but it cost me more than 10 minutes use of my taste buds and a few tears :wink:

Good stuff John!

Ah, chilli jam then :P

One of those "Cultural" things "you call them TOM-ah-toe, I call em Tom-ART-o". I wish you americans would forgetabout Americanese and just speak English... or at least get mr Gates to label his languages as English (UK) and Americanese, (US). :D

I like my food spicy, but I tend to stop around the 20,000 scoville mark.

Jalapeno peppers sliced thinly and spread over mild cheddar cheese in a sandwich is nice. Tehy're quite mild, grown here they're about 5,000 Scovilles.

You got it right Ron! Habaneros out of my home garden. I will be making up one more batch of Jelly this week.

My Favorite is A Wheat Thin, with Cream Cheese and a dollap of Pepper Jam.. MMMMM!!!

Glad you guys liked it! I bring ya some more next time I come up!!

John(Mongo)

You got it right Ron! Habaneros out of my home garden. I will be making up one more batch of Jelly this week.

My Favorite is A Wheat Thin, with Cream Cheese and a dollap of Pepper Jam.. MMMMM!!!

Glad you guys liked it! I bring ya some more next time I come up!!

John(Mongo)

I like spicy stuff...how do I go about getting a batch? :)

• Administrators
Ok Fella's, here is a link to the recipe I used....

If chopping habaneros by hand, rubber gloves are recommended since the habanero peppers will burn the skin.

...and wear a fire suit while serving :wink: