HybridZ

a noob and his first z (potentially)

lol!

I had the seat out of my z yesterday and found a taco bell sauce packet from at least 15 years ago... thought about using it :D

i cant wait to dig in to this thing tomorrow so far i have scored some cigarette butts, a cresent wrench, a 9/16 open end, some rusty vise grips and a philips...:icon56:

ill start a build thread soon

tomorrow:more pics and teardown, and maybe a can of primer for spotting some exposed metal:burnout:

One thing of advice as another 2+2 owner, keep everything you take off it and salvage everything possible at least in the interior. Its pretty hard to find parts for almost everything from the front seats back.

Good luck on your build though looks good for 500, the guy who was selling mine was asked for 500 but I got him to take 350.

Looks decent... I can't say I hate 2+2's but I like the coupes better. That hood may not be a stock hood, and I really wonder about the rust on it. at least where you are you won't have to worry as much about Rust. though curing what you have is your #1 priority. Don't take shortcuts, and before you do anything, talk to the shop where you're going to have paint done. they can steer you in a good direction and keep you from making mistakes which they'd have to fix. Also How's your Welding skills? How are the floorpans and tirewell, rear deck, frame rails and all that. Really you should have read through a lot of the threads on rust on here before buying the car so you'd more know where to look for EVIL. All in all it looks pretty decent. Just becareful in the ice and snow because Z's are notorious for sliding. Believe me, I know. But hey I'm in NM and we can't drive on ice anyway.

Good luck.

Phar

Looks decent... I can't say I hate 2+2's but I like the coupes better. That hood may not be a stock hood, and I really wonder about the rust on it. at least where you are you won't have to worry as much about Rust. though curing what you have is your #1 priority. Don't take shortcuts, and before you do anything, talk to the shop where you're going to have paint done. they can steer you in a good direction and keep you from making mistakes which they'd have to fix. Also How's your Welding skills? How are the floorpans and tirewell, rear deck, frame rails and all that. Really you should have read through a lot of the threads on rust on here before buying the car so you'd more know where to look for EVIL. All in all it looks pretty decent. Just becareful in the ice and snow because Z's are notorious for sliding. Believe me, I know. But hey I'm in NM and we can't drive on ice anyway.

Good luck.

Phar

there is only a little surface rust where the spare tire hides, a little on the outside cause the previous owner sanded it then didnt paint it.. but i plan on painting it myself once i get a booth setup at the beginning of next month, my welding skills are not bad took 3 years of it but i dont have a welder cause my last buzzbox crapped out,

oh and the battery tray (of course) is toasted with cancer:evil: