HybridZ

Coilovers for the 240z

I'm gauging interest in people that would like real coilovers for their Zcars. This would be high quality and from a single company a real coilover not a kit that you'd buy from different companies. Like most of the ones sold buy MSA, Arizona Z Cars, Beta Motorsports. Pricing has yet to be decided but interest will dictate a price. So if your interested make a list with your name, car, year, and what you do with the car.

Thanks oscar hopefully interest starts to increase as well as feed back. Good luck with the search. Also I'd like to say that I do like the setups from the companies I mentioned and don't mean any offense by refering to what they have as a "kit".

and what you do with the car.

I drive the ♥♥♥♥ out of my car. track, street, auto-x. drags, mt roads/touge, ect.

This is HybridZ, what ever you build needs to be %100 function and be able to handle one hell of a beating.

I'll have to get back to you on that I'm hoping that a bolt in coilover can be produced, however with the small dimensions of the Z strut tower and the design of the spindle it may not be able to happen that way, but don't write that option out just yet.

It would be great if you can pull this off and get a complete strut assembly for about $500 per corner. A few folks have tried (search this site) working with some of the more popular low priced shock companies but the initial order quantity was the big barrier. What I make and sell is done to order and I sell about 6 kits a year.

At the $2,000 price point you'll probably sell 10 to 12 per year. The biggest issue for the manufacturer will be cores. A complete set of used struts runs about $250 and then there's the labor involved in dis-assembly, cleaning, inspection, shortening, and assembly.

The company my friend works for only work with quality materials, if they didn't they wouldn't be as big as they are. And all of their dis-assembly, cleaning, inspection, shortening and assembly is done in house. Or sent to they're Japanese HQ....I think.

Oh I also wanted to thank everyone who has responded to this topic with postive feed back, and interest.

Guest chishosemthuoi

Like most of the ones sold buy MSA, Arizona Z Cars, Beta Motorsports. Pricing has yet to be decided but interest will dictate a price. So if your interested make a list with your name, car, year, and what you do with the car.

imo...

an affordable, adjustable height bolt on coilover will do wonders..

threaded adjustable monotube shock (inverted sucks to adjust with the datsun set up)

weldon threaded tube

non adjustable cnc strut mounts

adjustable height, adjustable dampner settings,

trackable, dailyable, easy

then offer a more serious coilover for the people with those needs.

camber plates

???

???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...