HybridZ

Craving interior toggles

280znoob

Hey all, well i was looking to see what kind of interior toggles anyone has.(locations,lights,style etc).We have a place here called Daddy O's pizza and their delivery car is a cherry 80 something 300zx. The owner also has it built for autoX at the local track. His dash has the kinda style i would like to try for. He has toggles for ignition,fuel pump, emergency cutout,hazards,domelight....Lots! it has a sort of... Airplane cockpit look that i crave.He also has indicator lights for the more important function toggles.

I was wonderin if i could see some of what you guys have,even if its just one toggle switch.

need some ideas/inspiration for my z..

this will also help me bypass the ratnested harness caused by the PO.

thanks!

It is straight forward, it is more for racing, but I adapted the connections for street and safety. There are three wires, brown for constant 12v, yellow for ignition and anything you want to turn on with ignition , and green to start, and two toggle switches for accesories. My son wanted nitrous !! I went with wipers and driving lights for the toggles. I had to figure out how to connect the LS1 ECM /wires (pink wire) and the park/neutral switch (purple), to make sure my son who's 12 yrs old wouldn't start the car in gear !!!. I have at all written down, if you go this route shoot me a PM -This was a process of re-wiring the whole car, because the stock harness was a rusty fire waiting to happen.

dashin6.JPG

Edited by Dudeboy
Dash back in car photo

Derek, I'm looking at the condition of the plastic on the main part of the center panel. The finish is beautiful. Is that the original, or have you redone it somehow? Mine looks like it's been through a grinder....

The console is brand new. The panel that holds the switches is done with SEM texture paint and SEM trim black.Both rattle cans. Those products are a must have for interior work.

Derek

Trenton5.jpg

I cut a piece of wood to sit flush on top of the tray built into the metal of the trans tunnel. Its fit the the exact size of the top of the tray as it tapers. Then I used a screw to create pressure between the plate and the tunnel to hold it in place. I wrapped it in alcantara and ran the wires in a protected loom in the trans tunnel. Switches do everything from HID lighting, fans, guage power, guage lights, radio main power etc.

A switch panel I made to fit where the fan and climate controls were.

switchpanelraw.jpg

The center fan and sump indicators are tri-color LEDS, They illuminate green when the circuit is on and ready for operation. The circuits turn BLUE when the fan or sump actually operates.

normal operation

indicatorsgreen.jpg

full on plus oil light

indicatorsfullon.jpg

A poor shot through the window net.

Driverssidenet.jpg