HybridZ

L28ET with triple carb possible

ArchetypeDatsun

Its easy if you have skills with webers or mikunis or tuning triples. Key here is running right off triples in N/A trim. I have no issues tuning, my triples scream and howl like banshees from 1,500 to 7,000 rpm's BLowthrough its easy if you have the know how. Is it better than efi nope does it sound and look better yup :)

Guest Rolling Parts
Its easy if you have skills with webers or mikunis or tuning triples. Key here is running right off triples in N/A trim. I have no issues tuning, my triples scream and howl like banshees from 1,500 to 7,000 rpm's BLowthrough its easy if you have the know how. Is it better than efi nope does it sound and look better yup :)

I'll have to agree. If you are seriously after turbo power then you will seriously need to tune it. EFI is made for tuning. OTOH old school tripples withe headers are great for sound and looks.

It appears that you want to split the difference? If so, then it's going to be a compromise (but a fun one). Best of luck!

Oh wow that set up looks amazing now that got my blood flowing and feaning to do it. So if you don't mind how did you do it, like step by step ???

Hey just noticed your in Central Point, I drop into the Medford/Ashland area ever few months for a week or so if you ever feel like like bench racing turbo set ups :icon14:

What I'm trying to accomplish here is a well fast and save set up were I don't want to stress my motor out as much with the just a turbo set up. I always wanted to do a rb swap but I kinda got over it and decided to go more original with my car and keep what it got already. Like I said before the l28et I purchased months back, it's out of the car and still have yet to finish up buying parts for it, and that's when that idea popped in my head (turbo & carburator set up). It's kind of like doing a twin charge set up, instant power is what I want.

I have no idea. They all basically serve the same purpose - direct boost through the carbs. I've not done any studies or come across any empirical evidence one way or another that would lend credence to one being better than the other. Supposedly though, the SK unit was created based on CarTech's design.

Open Triples definitely sound great, but after having run open triples, blow through triples, single throttle EFI turbo'ed and ITBs turbo'ed, I'd have to say that you'd be hard pressed to hear the difference in the blowthough triples setup vs a "standard" turbo EFI setup.

Also, setting up the triples for blowthrough operation is not trivial, and not the same as open triples. Getting decent power isn't that hard, but normally simple things like drivability and throttle response can be pretty challenging.

The HSK plentum has dual sections. The air enters the first section which has the float bowl vents and then goes to the second section to the carb intakes. This gives the required higher pressure in the float bowls. Here is my solution to the problem. Adding a tube from the turbo/supercharger outlet to the float bowls and use the pressure drop trough the intercooler for the delta P.

Here is a picture of my box and vent tubing for the floats.

Carb_Box_1.JPG

Do a search for more info.