HybridZ

Why can't I post to "Parts for Sale"

BluDestiny

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
so how do you fix this? I have the same problem.

If it were me, I'd start out by;

1) Reading the rules you clicked "Agree" to back on Dec 4th, (Posting in the classifieds is covered towards the bottom and a heads up, your posting structure violates #5)

2) Reading any one of the stickies at the top of all the classifieds sections titled, "Classifieds Rules - Read Before Posting."

• 2 weeks later...

If it were me, I'd start out by;

1) Reading the rules you clicked "Agree" to.

Did that.

2) Reading any one of the stickies at the top of all the classifieds sections titled, "Classifieds Rules - Read Before Posting."

Did that too.

I've been a member for a year and a half and have 65 or more posts. Still can't post to the classifieds section.

I know, in my little info block over

<----- there, it says 23 posts, but when I go to my profile, it says:

Active Posts: 68 (0.11 per day)
Edited by p-factor

You have to have 40 technical posts. Posting in the non tech threads do not add to you post count under your avatar.

Ah. Ok. Thanks.

That said, that's a pretty stupid rule.

I don't have a lot of questions to ask, and I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer many questions, why do I need to fluff my post count just to sell a 20 dollar item in the classifieds section? Afraid of a member who's been here for well over a year suddenly spamming the classifieds section?

I could've sworn I wrote "silly" not "stupid". But I stand by my statement. I'm sure there's a good reason for it but I'm not allowed to post fluff to boost my post count so I guess I'll go another year without being able to sell items on HybridZ.

There's always eBay, Craigslist, zcar.com, and many other sites.

The rule is in place as a step to protect the membership against fraudulent sellers. If you have a suggestion on how this could be done better, by all means suggest away. We've talked a lot about this topic amongst the admin group, and probably beat it to death...

There's always eBay, Craigslist, zcar.com, and many other sites.

Thanks.

The rule is in place as a step to protect the membership against fraudulent sellers. If you have a suggestion on how this could be done better, by all means suggest away. We've talked a lot about this topic amongst the admin group, and probably beat it to death...

I just don't understand how having 40 posts will suddenly make me a non-fraudulent seller.

I think the length of membership should have more weight, not "hey, nice car man, can't wait to do that on mine" posts.

Edited by p-factor

Thanks.

I just don't understand how having 40 posts will suddenly make me a non-fraudulent seller.

I think the length of membership should have more weight, not "hey, nice car man, can't wait to do that on mine" posts.

With 40 posts the other members have some basis to make a judgment on the honesty of the seller. Its not much, but its something.

Ah. Ok. Thanks.

That said, that's a pretty stupid rule.

I don't have a lot of questions to ask, and I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer many questions, why do I need to fluff my post count just to sell a 20 dollar item in the classifieds section? Afraid of a member who's been here for well over a year suddenly spamming the classifieds section?

So P-factor, now that you're here, what is the item you are trying to sell? (free plug for ya)

Of course it won't. If you READ my post you'll see that I say it is "a step to protect the membership...".

I'm not sure what some of you folks think the collective IQ of the administration staff is sometimes, but we're not as dumb as you think we are... (except RTz, he's all that and a bag of nuts) :D

So P-factor, now that you're here, what is the item you are trying to sell? (free plug for ya)

Snake oil, and the Brooklyn Bridge. No rust. Driven by a little old lady to church and back. Hurry, this deal won't last. Cash only. No calls. Three easy payments of $19.95 and one really complicated payment of $274.13. Plus shipping, handling, processing, and overage charges. Not available in all areas. Prices and participation may vary. Batteries not included. All sales final.

Snake oil, and the Brooklyn Bridge. No rust. Driven by a little old lady to church and back. Hurry, this deal won't last. Cash only. No calls. Three easy payments of $19.95 and one really complicated payment of $274.13. Plus shipping, handling, processing, and overage charges. Not available in all areas. Prices and participation may vary. Batteries not included. All sales final.

I'll consider it after you have your 40 posts... :b_hand:

You know I would have to agree, the forty post thing is a pain. I have let a bunch o stuff go on ebay over the last month or so ( NRG quick release and lock, Toyota calipers, good heater core,) and will soon have more to let go of (roll bar, stock belts, sub box, big rear sway bar, on and on and on….) ;) I love this site and have gotten great response to the few tech posts I have made, but lets face it 95% of all my questions are easily answered with the search button as members are quick to point out. Oh well …still the best Z site by far… :D

• Like 1