HybridZ

speaker size-rear speakers

madkaw

Hey guys I am wanting to get my daughter some replacement speakers for her 81zxt, but don't know what size they are and she has the car. Can someone tell me what size round speaker will fit in there so I can do some christmas shopping.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I have replaced all four in a 2+2 280ZX. The rear I was able to fit 6" round just fine. It sounds like the 2-seater has the same size speakers.

The front two in the dash were 4". I had to remove the dash to replace the center speaker. The right speaker can be replaced just by removing the glovebox.

• 2 weeks later...

In 3/4 of my ZXs, it's 6.5" in the rear. In the 83 Turbo, it's this weirdly mounted little speaker. I'd guess 3.5".

The stock Clarion speakers sound great in my 82 NA, but I don't have a stock stereo (no matter how hard I try to get one! :( ) or wiring to the speakers, so I can't say for sure how nice they would otherwise be.

back 6 1/4 front 4"

I think you mean 6 1/2 - you might have a hard time finding 6 1/4 ;) I believe 5 1/4 is the stock size but 6 1/2 will fit without modification (depending on the 6 1/2 speaker and mounting holes of course - standard sizing isn't always standard). My MB Quart DKG 116 6 1/2 were a direct drop in.