HybridZ

Nissan Sentra Lays Down 600 HP!

jc052685

What's the big deal with the a 600hp sentra? I had a 650whp RSX and KillerBjt is right, that much power in a fwd is useless on the street. It can only be used in a straight line at a drag strip. I would torque steer all over the road even at 120+mph.

First off...600whp in a 2L motor that was designed in the late 80's vs. 650whp in a modern honda 2L are two completely differant things.

Second, Chris Rado's Time Attack SCION tC......That should pretty much take care of your FWD in a straight line comment.

Yeah, it was faster than EVERY cars time from last year!

rado.jpg

Second, Chris Rado's Time Attack SCION tC......That should pretty much take care of your FWD in a straight line comment.

Referencing that car is like me talking about the factory backed C6R program and saying that it's perfectly possible for my Z to work a road course in the same manner.

Totally different body styles

Totally different chassis

Totally different levels of street legality.

Totally different operating costs.

The ONLY thing that Rado's car has to do with this car is that it drives the same pair of rollers. That's it.

Referencing that car is like me talking about the factory backed C6R program and saying that it's perfectly possible for my Z to work a road course in the same manner.

Totally different body styles

Totally different chassis

Totally different levels of street legality.

Totally different operating costs.

The ONLY thing that Rado's car has to do with this car is that it drives the same pair of rollers. That's it.

Um....correct. That was the only think being compaired, not a budget, ONLY that it was FWD.

It can only be used in a straight line at a drag strip.

Obviously saying FWD is good only for a drag strip of all places. Then I showed that was not the case.

Sweet. So this means since my car is RWD than it can lap Laguna Seca in 1:17 just like a C6R?

You completely missed the comparison.

He said: That car would only be good at a dragstrip because its FWD.

I said: Yeah look, a FWD car that is very fast at something other than a dragstrip.

Stop being upset and go back and read.

You completely missed the comparison.

He said: That car would only be good at a dragstrip because its FWD.

I said: Yeah look, a FWD car that is very fast at something other than a dragstrip.

Stop being upset and go back and read.

The point is you're using one very high dollar well developed FWD car to prove that high hp fwd cars can handle. Which is akin to saying something to the effect of, since a C6R is rwd and can pull a 1:17 LS Lap time, and My car is RWD, it can do the same thing... Unless something is going on here aside from thinking about only one aspect of a car, the method of power delivery, and neglecting every other factor involved.

I read, and watched the video, thanks. It's on a VE head it appears which means the motor is a little more recent that 80's technology ;). Still great numbers all the while. I'd love to have a VE in my Mini. Even so, given the look of how the car is setup and the air/water heat exchanger and ice box, I'm not sure this car is going to be seen at the next track day.

The point is you're using one very high dollar well developed FWD car to prove that high hp fwd cars can handle. Which is akin to saying something to the effect of, since a C6R is rwd and can pull a 1:17 LS Lap time, and My car is RWD, it can do the same thing... Unless something is going on here aside from thinking about only one aspect of a car, the method of power delivery, and neglecting every other factor involved.

The point is you're using one very high dollar well developed FWD car to prove that all high hp fwd cars can handle. Which is akin to saying something to the effect of, since a C6R is rwd and can pull a 1:17 LS Lap time, and My car is RWD, it can do the same thing... Unless something is going on here aside from thinking about only one aspect of a car, the method of power delivery, and neglecting every other factor involved.

I caught your Ninja Edit