HybridZ

RB rear sump oil pan from scratch

pat1

Looking good, missing the drain plug would definately suck haha.

I will soon be possibly making my own pan for my RB20DET swap in the next few months.

How long did it roughly take you to get as far as you are with that pan?

Still on the fence if I really want to take the time to make a pan or just send my dimensions to our drag boat oil pan fabricator and have him make me a few :mrgreen:

Looking good, missing the drain plug would definately suck haha.

I will soon be possibly making my own pan for my RB20DET swap in the next few months.

How long did it roughly take you to get as far as you are with that pan?

Still on the fence if I really want to take the time to make a pan or just send my dimensions to our drag boat oil pan fabricator and have him make me a few :mrgreen:

I have about 6-8 hours into it now but my brother was over and there was alot of BSing going on and some beer drinking. I have built a couple of these so far and I have made templates of each sheetmetal cuts. My first one took me forever to do. Now it's getting easy. I have all the sheetmetal tools to make life easier. I love my plasma cutter,it's like a hot knife through butter.:mrgreen:

That certainly wouldve been interesting. Guess I couldve extracted the oil through the dipstick tube. Can't wait to see how the pickup turns out too...

I would be very embarassed if I forgot the drain plug.

the pickup is done, I was on a roll today

Any pictures of the inside of the pan? Also, is the front part of the pan level or is a sloped to let the oil drain back into the sump?

The engine sets in the engine bay at a slant. The exhaust side sets lower than the intake side in turn making the engine set at a slant. So the oil will naturally drain back into the pan.the bottom of the pan sits at a slope. One side of the pan is lower than the other. I can get more pics later.

Let me know if you have anymore questions

thanks

Patrick