HybridZ

RB rear sump oil pan from scratch

pat1

^when is it/ where? if my car runs by then i could go!

Its in the Orange, CA area, usually one of the last weekends in April. The official dates/location should be announced on MSA's website in the next couple weeks. Check out SinCityZ.org, we usually drive there as a group from Vegas. I will only be getting started on my swap in the first week of April, so wish me some serious luck on getting done in time for the show as well...

Hey Pat I see you still making pans. Its looking good. Hey I will let you know about those mounts in the coming week. I may need another pan also but it maybe for a q45 or titan engine. I am getting a z31 so I am thinking about putting the RB25 in it and a V8 in the Z32 preferrably a titan engine. So I figure if you can reverse the pans on those I could sit them lower in the car and use the stock Z mounts on them. Just an idea for now. But I will know about the mounts as soon as I put this RB bellhousing on my z32 tranny and do some test fitting. I still need to make my dipstick tube a little bigger but I think I will try and rim it out. It does not need to be too much bigger. Its just not snug at all.

Hey Pat I see you still making pans. Its looking good. Hey I will let you know about those mounts in the coming week. I may need another pan also but it maybe for a q45 or titan engine. I am getting a z31 so I am thinking about putting the RB25 in it and a V8 in the Z32 preferrably a titan engine. So I figure if you can reverse the pans on those I could sit them lower in the car and use the stock Z mounts on them. Just an idea for now. But I will know about the mounts as soon as I put this RB bellhousing on my z32 tranny and do some test fitting. I still need to make my dipstick tube a little bigger but I think I will try and rim it out. It does not need to be too much bigger. Its just not snug at all.

I would be happy to make you another pan. Just let me know. Keep me updated on the mounts also. The titan engine in the z32 would be badass. The dipstick Idea sounds like it would work. Just make sure you seal it up with some of that sealant I gave you.

^If you can give him it i would appreciate it ;) if not i can figure it out.

I went out and looked at the ones I have, and discovered I have a couple different oil pick ups in my parts bin (L6, rb?). I'm pretty sure I saved mine (didn't use it). Would you know what it looks like exactly?

I went out and looked at the ones I have, and discovered I have a couple different oil pick ups in my parts bin (L6, rb?). I'm pretty sure I saved mine (didn't use it). Would you know what it looks like exactly?

If you could take a picture of what you have.I could tell you which one is the rb26 pick up

Thanks