HybridZ

interior re-do and custom subwoofer/speaker install! enjoy

shika805

Did you get your carpet as a kit, or are you doing it from bulk? I'm at the carpeting stage myself, and I'm looking for options. Also, where did you source your carpet? Nice build, I'm looking at putting speakers in my dash as well, and subs much like your install.

Are you planning on leaving your subs exposed like that, or do you have a plan for obstructing them from the view of random passers-by?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lumberjack, I'm really interested in that material... I will definitely take a look into it.

Grundge, I got the kit from ebay, for a good deal, the person that sold me the kit is a member here on this forum. Good quality carpet, good fitment. Only thing that seemed weak about the kit was the stitching. but other than that, great kit.

thanks again guys

the plans for my car is a revamped stocked restoration, with future plans for a engine swap. I never really got to enjoy the stock 240z, so i want to enjoy it before i move on to bigger and better things for the car. So "driveability" is a main focus. The s2k seats were comfortable, matched the look of my car and it presented itself for dirt cheap. My buddy was doing a seat swap in his car and these were just sitting in his car collecting dust.

I am using the stock harness seat belts and they fit perfect in the shoulder brace on the seat for the belt also! like they were built for the car...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^not at all, there is insulation between the gas tank and the wheel well, i also reinforced the L mounts from the outside and inside to secure the sub encloser. Its a snug fit and on top of that there is a silicone lining within the creases and small gaps

Do you have any info on how those dash speakers sound? I am thinking about doing this but want a little info on how they sound before I go and purchase the speakers. Thanks

BTW: your car is my inspiration for my cars interior being completely torn out at the moment. So I thank you for this build thread and I also hate you (not really of course) because it is not nearly as easy as you make it look to make the interior look as nice as yours! Lol

• 3 weeks later...

I can't find any local suppliers of SEM Bumper Repair or 3M Bumper Repair kits. I did find some plastic Epoxy filler at a local Lordco Automotive shop. They had two types of Epoxy. Each box contained 2 tubes. One was hard plastic and the other was flexible plastic. Which one would work best for cracks in the dashboard?

[Edit] Found the supplies and dash is 65% "complete"

Edited by GodZilla

• 1 month later...