HybridZ

Brake SHOW! Post pics of your brake setup!!!

Uhhhhh because they say Nissan on the side? Duhh! No, the calipers I am fitting are R33 GTS Aluminum 30mm. I was told they have much more pad area then the Toyota 4x4 swaps.

In the rear I am using 300zx 2 pot calipers...for the sheer fact they say Nissan.

Yes this build is about glitz and glam, but i believe this option is cheaper and just as effective as a wilwood conversion...if done right.

Cost so far...

Front calipers $200

Rear calipers $50

300zx 30mm 4 bolt rotors $120

280zx rotors $60

Additionally...

Will need spacers (homegrown)

Brackets (homegrown)

Proportioning valve

Anyone have faith????? Please?

ive heard they stop great, what pads do you have?

I must have something wrong with mine. I've never been able to stop as well as i've heard they should in either my 240, 260, or 280. I honestly don't remember what pads I have, I think maybe a pad swap could be in use. But even with brand new pads they've been a little iffy. I've had some close calls.

I understand it seems cool to have a Rare skyline part on your car, but there are better options for actual function over form.

Or did you have a reason unkown to us meer mortals?

a r33 caliper is teh exact same as a later z32 tt caliper ... so not that rare

I understand it seems cool to have a Rare skyline part on your car, but there are better options for actual function over form.

Or did you have a reason unkown to us meer mortals?

a r33 caliper is the exact same as a later z32 tt caliper ... so not that rare

Finally painted my calipers. I used G2 gold caliper paint kit. They look great! Cheaper and more durable than powder coating. Its all about the prep work...

Prep work included sanding off some unwanted stamping (cleaner look), roughing up the stock caliper paint, wire brushing and spraying brake cleaner. Roughly 45 minutes of work.

I also included the caliper bolt spacing diameter for front (10cm) and rear (11.5cm) calipers for anyone interested. I should be able to rig some brackets when I get home from school.

SSPX0107_thumb.jpg

I've got the 002's waiting to go on as well. Super cheap and sexy rims for the $. I'd like to do my calipers in bright green to match the theme I've got going. Since noone makes caliper paint in that colour (the VHT stuff came out too yellow) I'll be using engine paint. I know it's not rated as high as the brake stuff but I'm not really tracking the car so I figure it should hold up decent. Anyone tried this?