HybridZ

Russo auction damage

dsommer

It wasn't the worst that we have seen here but it was ok. Reports of a tornado that night I think were greatly over rated. Microburst, maybe. Tornado, I doubt it. They tried to put semi rigs next to the tents to try to divert the wind. The tents fell and the poles went into or onto the cars. Barrett Jackson was ok though.

Jimbo

I expierienced the tent disaster first hand. We brought our Facel Vega down for the auction. It was an expierience that many will remember for years to come. hopefully all will be able to grab a beer 5 years from now and have a couple of good laughs about these days. I was one of the fortunate ones and the Facel didnt sustain any damage other than a little dulling of the paint on one corner of the car from the car cover. While many have commented about things one way or the other, all I can say is good about the way R&S handled the situation. The damage was actually minimized in many cases due to the fact that when many of the poles fell they landed in between most of the cars . Most of the heavy damage was from the lights and supports remaining attached to the canvas while it was flailing in the strong winds. Many new acquaintances were made during this trying time and it is one of those positives that are frequently overlooked in tragedies like this.

I expierienced the tent disaster first hand. We brought our Facel Vega down for the auction. It was an expierience that many will remember for years to come. hopefully all will be able to grab a beer 5 years from now and have a couple of good laughs about these days. I was one of the fortunate ones and the Facel didnt sustain any damage other than a little dulling of the paint on one corner of the car from the car cover. While many have commented about things one way or the other, all I can say is good about the way R&S handled the situation. The damage was actually minimized in many cases due to the fact that when many of the poles fell they landed in between most of the cars . Most of the heavy damage was from the lights and supports remaining attached to the canvas while it was flailing in the strong winds. Many new acquaintances were made during this trying time and it is one of those positives that are frequently overlooked in tragedies like this.

An interesting first hand account. I would think that most of the cars can be repaired at a large expense. I really like your longview approach. Thanks for posting it.

We had a bad hail storm back about four years ago here in Bend, golf ball sized hail. The Cessna aircraft plant had something like 150 fiberglass aircraft parked out on the ramp when it came up. ALL had hail damage requiring repair. Sorry to hear about this, when mother natures gets in a bad mood, watch out.