HybridZ

Another Derek Bell 956 video.

JMortensen

People forget how a good a driver Derek Bell was. I also like this video of the 936 because it was still early Porsche's turbo engine development and you can hear how tricky the power delivery was on this car. Listen to the engine note when the boost hits and the rear tires spin.

Derek's straight line speed is scary..wow and he is very composed as he barely holding the sterring wheel and even one handed for a moment. What I wonder is through the corners he hits the rumble strips hard and it upsets the cars balance and he has to make sure he is holding on to it, makes me wonder why he does not try and keep it on the black top through the corners?

Yasin

I've always thought I wanted to drive a really fast car.

Along those lines, back in 2008 I got a chance to drive an AMod autocross car - The Phantom Menace pictured here:

RearWingFinal-2.jpg

And I was so frickin' far behind this thing on course I had to almost come to a stop halfway on each run and let my brain catch up before continuing. I can't imagine how I could stay ahead of something capable of 246 mph.