Science related fun facts related to common stuff

woldson

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, bob just keeps blowing my mind.

When I was at the sniping course , the general was out there bsing with the SSGTs about the same question posted a few pages back, and what he said was that you need to lead off the target by a few clicks, same as you would a moving target to the left or to the right. you need to aim below the brick, now that being said it ALL DEPENDS on how long the brick has been falling, if it is at maximum velocity, you will obviously have to aim lower. If it has just fallen off of a stand, you will have to aim nearer to the target. Also, the brick won't fall in the same exact position, it will end up having a "knuckle" effect and twist and spin and rotate. From 200 yards, its alot harder of a shot as well. We could sit out on course with the Barretts all day and hit pencil points at 200yd, but give them a falling object from say, 150ft its a hole different ball game and I bet you only 5-6 out of 20 would hit it in the first 2 goes. (thats usually all we got to try a "trick" shot)

Where dose the "crack" of thunder come from? This question may not be phased correctly. Not looking for lighting.

I know the crack from lightning is caused by the breaking of tripple nitrogen bonds(similar reaction that takes place in TNT) in the atmosphere. Could this be the same cause with thunder?