HybridZ

CNN lists a 280Z in top 10 cheap collector cars.

Seems to me like the s30 style z's are picking up quite a buzz lately. I have seen some prices on z-cars that are much higher than just last year, "Whether the economy played a role I dont know" plus the only way prices can go now is up which is good and bad at the same time.

There is nothing wrong with a fiero. I have had 2. My first car was a 86 SE with the 2.8 V6 and 4 spd. My second one I bought with a 3800 Series II and auto and I changed over to a 4 spd manual. Runs a mid 14 sec 1/4 mile which isnt too bad for a stock engine. They handle pretty good to.

There is nothing wrong with a fiero. I have had 2. My first car was a 86 SE with the 2.8 V6 and 4 spd. My second one I bought with a 3800 Series II and auto and I changed over to a 4 spd manual. Runs a mid 14 sec 1/4 mile which isnt too bad for a stock engine. They handle pretty good to.

You know that may be a stock engine but not THE stock engine right?

You know that may be a stock engine but not THE stock engine right?

I know. My first one with the stock 2.8 would do a 16.2 which is pretty respectable for a mid 80's car. made 140 hp and 170 lb/ft of torque stock from the V6 when oh say the 307 out of a cutlass was only making 150 hp.

There is nothing wrong with a fiero. I...They handle pretty good to.

I drove several Fiero's.

They had terrible interiors, no handling in the rain, DUMB headlights, terrible weight distribution, and huge blind spots when in traffic. Most also had low power engines so the car had less ooomph than any 4-door import sedan. I wanted to like the car but it was always a car that was made as cheap as possible by GM. The V6 was appreciated but never fixed the other maladies in the car. It was never a sports car.

As far as the 280Z being listed, I fear that it will raise prices. I've enjoyed it being under-the-radar as undervalued....

there is a guy down the street from me that loves fieros...has four of them lol. that collector list can be interpreted as "someones" list of cheap collector cars. 85-93 Mustang being collectable???? grossssss, not my list for sure haha.

Edited by sileightygx

I drove several Fiero's.

They had terrible interiors, no handling in the rain, DUMB headlights, terrible weight distribution, and huge blind spots when in traffic. Most also had low power engines so the car had less ooomph than any 4-door import sedan. I wanted to like the car but it was always a car that was made as cheap as possible by GM. The V6 was appreciated but never fixed the other maladies in the car. It was never a sports car.

As far as the 280Z being listed, I fear that it will raise prices. I've enjoyed it being under-the-radar as undervalued....

Almost all cars in the 80's had bad interiors and I never thought the fieros was all that bad. Thats just a matter of opinion. If the cars you drove were bad in the rain blame the tires because Ive had 2 and 4 diff set of tires and the only time it sucked was on the bald tires that my first car came with. How are the headlights dumb? Because they had pop up lights? Lots of cars have done that. And since when is 46/54% weight distribution horrible. Most people would consider that rather good. I beat a few porsche 944's and 80's rx7's with my stock 2.8 in autocross. Ill give you that it had some blind spots but they arnt huge. They arnt really any larger then say a miata or solstice with the top up.

I know. My first one with the stock 2.8 would do a 16.2 which is pretty respectable for a mid 80's car. made 140 hp and 170 lb/ft of torque stock from the V6 when oh say the 307 out of a cutlass was only making 150 hp.

I was doing 15.4's with my stock 2.8 v6 with the 4spd