HybridZ

RB25 or.....

I figure someone will do this so may as well do it now.

Depending on your goals will ultimately be the choice between these motors. Ive wanted to do this swap myself and have read a lot of info on this site about it. It's been asked a lot and the answer ultimately it will be your choice in the end.

Well I am at work and I can not figure out how to post search results but just type in "RB20 or RB25" it will bring up a bit of info on diffrences and peoples reasons for making their choices.

Edited by ZBoost

I 2nd that!

What are your goals? If you just want a stock swap both are good choices. The RB25 will will be about 50 more ponies than the RB20, the RB25 is around 250hp stock and comes with a 5 spd.

Do some searching around the RB forum find what YOU want and don't let others force feed you!

Welcome to the forum! Before a mod steps in here and tell you to read the rules I would add to ask more specific questions.

1jz or 2jz

How does that help anything?

Figure out your horsepower and budge goals. Be realistic. If you're planning any dd duty ever you're not going to need 500whp.

Once you've got these numbers figured out in your head do as others have already suggested. Browse the garage as well as the RB forums to see what their setup is like. Once you figure out what you'd like, go for it!

How does that help anything?

Figure out your horsepower and budge goals. Be realistic. If you're planning any dd duty ever you're not going to need 500whp.

Once you've got these numbers figured out in your head do as others have already suggested. Browse the garage as well as the RB forums to see what their setup is like. Once you figure out what you'd like, go for it!

Hey, Yeah im not looking to make a lot of power just trying to move away from carbs, Im 26 and I and not a "carb person" haha, I was thinking RB20 because ive read they are easy to drop in, I do how ever like the power of the RB25... Thanks for the input guys..! L28 and carbs they hate me.

When I went with the rb20 I wasn't looking to make massive power (I have my 300zxtt for that). I wanted to make around 250-300hp whick is easy with the rb20. The datsuns weigh 2100-2700 lbs slap 300hp in it would make a very fun street car. I think anymore than that would get me into alot of trouble LOL.

Also, a RB25 has a beefier tranny than the RB20...Power is easier to attain on a 25 rather a 20...But a RB20 revs to 8K which is pretty awesome...If you're looking for 250-350 WHP (dyno) it might be cheaper going with a RB25 as you'll need less mods than a RB20 to get there. The turbo on both the RB20 and RB25 max out at .9 bar (13.05342 PSI) it is recommended to not run any higher than 11 PSI on that stock turbo some people even say 10 PSI is the max. If your looking for 250-350 BHP (Base Horse Power), than a RB20 should be fine to work with and you should be able to get there with some amount of work. Tuning plays a big role so find a good tuner.

Also, a RB25 has a beefier tranny than the RB20...Power is easier to attain on a 25 rather a 20...But a RB20 revs to 8K which is pretty awesome...If you're looking for 250-350 WHP (dyno) it might be cheaper going with a RB25 as you'll need less mods than a RB20 to get there. The turbo on both the RB20 and RB25 max out at .9 bar (13.05342 PSI) it is recommended to not run any higher than 11 PSI on that stock turbo some people even say 10 PSI is the max. If your looking for 250-350 BHP (Base Horse Power), than a RB20 should be fine to work with and you should be able to get there with some amount of work. Tuning plays a big role so find a good tuner.

A good TUNE is a MUST! thanks a lot for the Info.