HybridZ

2+2 vs coupe

WaiDai

I have a 1982 280zxt coupe 5 spd, and im looking at buying a 1983 280zxt 2+2 auto. What parts can be taken from the 2+2 and placed into the coupe? i logicly believe that everything from the targa top front seats and doors forward will fit but i might be wrong. can someone please help me out. im looking to take the interior aswell as the exterior like the headlights, tailights, exhaust system, and lots of other goodies but i dont know what can cross over and fit. please assist me hybridz members as i am about to buy the car possibly in 5 days.

Edited by WaiDai

What don't fit is Doors,Door Panels,middle consol,T Top,head liner,B pillars,carpet,rear spare tire cover,the rear driver side panel with the storage box,door plastic cells.Driveshaft.

From the dash and forward are the same.

wow that is LAMEEEEE....... door panels, t top, middle console,..... stuff i needed T_T.... im sad now.... is the t top bigger or sumthing? and door panels bigger? no modifications will work? everything engine wise is same right? ima take off the ac unit and is the exhaust system the same or a bit larger? ima replace a straight pipe to get it back to stock. thank you alot for your post.

wow that is LAMEEEEE....... door panels, t top, middle console,..... stuff i needed T_T.... im sad now.... is the t top bigger or sumthing? and door panels bigger? no modifications will work? everything engine wise is same right? ima take off the ac unit and is the exhaust system the same or a bit larger? ima replace a straight pipe to get it back to stock. thank you alot for your post.

well no mdofication .... if you cut your car behind the front windshield and weld the rear section of the 2+2 to it! :P

(the center console does fit btw)

Engine is the same, the exhaust is the same diameter but taller (so wont fit) though the section that goes over the rear wheels fit in coupe and vise versa, welding is probably required.

Also ... try to search as this has been covered a million times!

setsail-for-fail-thread.jpg

Edited by frank280zx

well no mdofication .... if you cut your car behind the front windshield and weld the rear section of the 2+2 to it! :P

(the center console does fit btw)

Engine is the same, the exhaust is the same diameter but taller (so wont fit) though the section that goes over the rear wheels fit in coupe and vise versa, welding is probably required.

Also ... try to search as this has been covered a million times!

setsail-for-fail-thread.jpg

sry, i tried, found some forums with minor stuff but nuthing specificly about it. thank you though that does clear up alot. a link to one if you know off the top of ur head would be awsum though if there is a dedicated topic.

Edited by WaiDai

The doors in the 2+2 are longer. therefore, the inner door panels are longer, window glass, and yes the t-tops are longer.

You could possibly cut the door panels up a little to fit if they are in really good shape. Its your call.

Engine is the same. Perfect fit for a swap or a spare turbo engine.

Although the driveshaft is longer (and auto is different flanged) the rear differential and other rear suspension is the same. The rear bumper, tail lights are also the same. The back hatch is NOT the same. :)

Edited by BleachZee

yea i finally got to look at it yesterday, very different >_> i thought it was just extended but it was more like stretched then extended... but yea thanks for letting me know guys, not buying it cuhz it didnt have a cat which was what i was looking for mainly......

Why do you need a cat? the car is technically an antique or classic car. I am pretty sure you dont need it. I know for a fact you dont here in Texas with an antique. Look it up on the govt web pages for smog legal in your area for classic cars. If you dont need it, take it to a muffler shop and have them weld a straight pipe in its place. its cheap.

A new member who did not post his location....

most every place in California (if not all of CA) require smog checks on 1975 and newer cars.

thank you for covering my location <3 lols ill update that one now.

thank you for covering my location <3 lols ill update that one now.

Please follow the rules you agreed to, rule #5 to be clear. I really don't like reading stuff like this.

Text message or IM shorthand does not qualify as English. Always try to use proper punctuation, spelling AND capitalization.