HybridZ

Manifold Studs

m1ghtymaxXx

I did a search and found nothing relevant so here's my question.

I noticed some manifold stud kits online for the L-series, and I figured that might be a nice addition to my L28et before installing it. I would seem that it would make manifold removal/installation easier while the engine is in the car, but before hunting around local fastener stores, I figured I'd ask if anyone can provide some insight.

i just had to replace my studs go to your local auto parts store get the stud kit in the size that the guy above me like they fit great and they are local so....none of that ordering of any website they are overpriced in my opinion. but i just did that a couple days ago.

i just had to replace my studs go to your local auto parts store get the stud kit in the size that the guy above me like they fit great and they are local so....none of that ordering of any website they are overpriced in my opinion. but i just did that a couple days ago.

Call Courtesy Nissan and see if they still have the factory exhaust manifold studs available. I have had MUCH better luck with the factory studs - the side that screws into the head is literally twice as long as the other commercially available studs that I have been able to find.

Ive had very good luck with the updated part number for the 280zx turbo studs. I recently paid $40 for the studs from the local Dealership. I have the part number somewhere. I use exhaust bolts from another Nissan engine to replace the 3 center studs on the exhaust. I reuse the large conical washers as well(DO NOT FORGET THESE).

Ive heard good things about Palnets kit for installation, but not so good about long term and trying to get them back off again.