HybridZ

my 620

Darrel

It runs right now so i will stick with that till i figure something out. I would like to go with on board air station using an old a/c compressor.

The odo shows 48K and if it stayed in grand junction i would have to believe the actual miles. There isn't any undue wear on the brake pedal(auto).

There is some rust coming through a respray, but nothing that can't be fixed. No major or minor fixes from accidents.

I finally took it out for a test drive. The tires are definitely too tall. No blowing smoke or running too rich. All the lights work. The heater works. It has some balls for a 2 liter and automatic, maybe its the 4.38 gears.

Once it warms up it runs smooth with no misses.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the truck up on a lift today adjusted the valves and it passed emissions :-D

Carrier bearing is toast, needs RR axle seal, once the front pads wear down it will need new rotors, fix wiring rats nest at the rear and rf parking light, egr is gone as is the air pump, missing some linkages on the carb, it's a wonder it even passed the sniffer test. There is a broken valve cover bolt that has been "worked on". If I don't replace the head, i will at least take the old one off and have the bolt hole fixed. Gas tank isn't original, i don't even know if it came out of a pickup. I will have to take pics of that once I find a tank and replace it. Only pics can describe how it's mounted.

The good news, I know of someone that has a parts truck. Hopefully it will have the tank, a/c bracket and the parts to do a manual transmission swap.

Even with the problems found today the truck is still a good deal at $600.

Future upgrades,,, possibly will go with a weber carb, new intake and exhaust. I'm not sure if i will go with a 2.4 or just stick with the 2.0.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to kenz240z on classiczcars and here, we were able to pull the majority of the dents out of the tank. Harbor Freight stud guns rule. Kenny gave me some good pointers and I learned the proper way to place the studs.

It's not perfect, but I am pleased with the results.

PICT0740.jpg

PICT0741.jpg

PICT0743.jpg

PICT0742.jpg

PICT0739.jpg

PICT0744.jpg

PICT0745.jpg

**MODS, feel free to move this thread in the project section**

Edited by Darrel

It has a yellow plastic plug in it now, some of the pics show it.

I'll get it patched in the next couple of weeks. First things first, track day June 5th, then I'll do the running around to get it patched, swap tanks, swap driveshafts etc.

And yes, even with the carb problems it's a lot of fun to drive around.

After the carb and driveshaft I'll make a decision about keeping the auto or go to manual, if I keep the auto, i will probably swap a 4 spd auto. Someone has already done it and I think there is enough room the 4 spd will fit between the tension rods.