HybridZ

Scare your girlfriend/wife/significant other in your Z

josh817

I can't beleve you let your G/F have a drink in your car. It's been 15 years and I still have coke under my center consol from the girl I dated before my Wife. Oh, and she broke my dome light... and my sun visor...

First thing she said was where is the cup holder. First thing that came to mind was the thread on here about how sports cars don't have cup holders. :lol: I told her when I get I drink I just put it in the seat belt with me and hopefully I don't crush it if I lean over.

LOL... My wife has no idea what goes on under the hood of a car. To her, That is something you open in emergencies to let the smoke out.

My 6YO is semi-famous for knowing about cars. She has shown an interest from an early age, She likes to sit beside me in the garage and asks for every opportunity to do something on whatever I am working on. I have dismantled, setup, and demonstrated the internal workings of every part of the driveline for her. How many of you have been able to place hands on a stripped down manual transmission and seen how the mechanisms actually work. The same goes for engine internals on 1,2,4,6,8, v and inline engines. My little girl can look at a Ferrari 360 Modena(on the rack) and point out the tranny and the engine in proper location.

LOL... My wife has no idea what goes on under the hood of a car. To her, That is something you open in emergencies to let the smoke out.

My 6YO is semi-famous for knowing about cars. She has shown an interest from an early age, She likes to sit beside me in the garage and asks for every opportunity to do something on whatever I am working on. I have dismantled, setup, and demonstrated the internal workings of every part of the driveline for her. How many of you have been able to place hands on a stripped down manual transmission and seen how the mechanisms actually work. The same goes for engine internals on 1,2,4,6,8, v and inline engines. My little girl can look at a Ferrari 360 Modena(on the rack) and point out the tranny and the engine in proper location.

My 3 year old points out the parts on the floor of my garage and ID's them!  He does get scared when I hit too much boost, but he keeps asking me to "go turbo".  My wife has learned to trust my driving so she just whimpers a little when I hit warp speeds, mostly reminding me that we have a kid now.  My son says he wants to build a yellow Z.

738428561_RfN6a-L.jpg

It sounds like you are on top of the working on it thing. I am still not sure a shifter kart isn't a bit much. I am sure as any father would be you care for your childs safety. Just be careful! Ever thought about a quarter midget? They have roll cages. haha

My girls (5 and 12) love to ride in the Z. It's usually a fight to see who gets to ride with Daddy. My oldest doesn't care too much about the internal workings, she just likes to cruse in the old car. My youngest is the opposite, she is my little helper out in the garage. She always wants to be in the middle and gives me tips for tuning my carb. She loves to go fast too, anything she gets in/on the first thing she wants to know is how fast it will go. I should set her up with a go cart or something.

Bit of a reverse scare thing the other evening. Car had been on the dyno, tuner says he will take it for a short run with me in the passenger seat if I want. Yeh, OK, we go down to the end of the street, turn around, tuner lets the turbo boost spool up, then hammers it. OMFG :shock: car feels like its going to take off into orbit :D

Moral of the story - it can be a lot scarier in the passenger seat :twisted: