HybridZ

Techno Toy Feedback requested

I've been searching for some feedback from people running the Techno Toy TC Rod and front LCA on an S30 but so far haven't found any. The general consensus is that they're well built and good guys to do business with. I'm curious to hear:

- how they've held up over time, especially when driven on the street. In particular, any issues with the heim joint wearing?

- how did they affect NVH?

- were there any issues (besides tire clearance) getting up to 3 degrees camber and 4-5 degrees caster? In other words, do they have enough range of adjustability?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

The range of adjustment is determined by the length of the turnbuckle. If there were not enough thread engagement at the caster you wanted, the solution is to buy a longer turnbuckle. You can get those from Coleman Racing, AFCO, a bunch of circle track parts suppliers. While I haven't run the TTT rods, I ran something basically similar for years on the street with a quality heim joint and had no trouble at all. NVH is going to be increased, but if NVH is your primary concern the Z car is not a good choice.

i can tell you that they are high quality and the shop that does my alignments [they do much track prep work for higher end cars-bmw, porsche & such] commented positively about the new rear ttt lca's last fall when i brought it in. liked them much better than the arizona z car arms i had previously-primarily due to ease/speed of adjustment. their comments were also of high build quality.

so far i have only positive comments to offer.

The range of adjustment is determined by the length of the turnbuckle. If there were not enough thread engagement at the caster you wanted, the solution is to buy a longer turnbuckle. You can get those from Coleman Racing, AFCO, a bunch of circle track parts suppliers. While I haven't run the TTT rods, I ran something basically similar for years on the street with a quality heim joint and had no trouble at all. NVH is going to be increased, but if NVH is your primary concern the Z car is not a good choice.

NVH? Please people, use words, some of us (ME) don't know what these things mean!

HybridZ Forum Rules - READ NOW BEFORE POSTING!

5. This site is based in the USA, and as such, text is to be written in English. There are web sites available on the web that can translate text from many recognized official languages to English, if you don't know it. (But then how could you read this? ) Gangster-slang, or any other cute, obtuse, street-talk dialects are not tolerated. Write in clear English that does not require a current knowledge of the latest street-slang. Text message or IM shorthand does not qualify as English. Always try to use proper punctuation, spelling AND capitalization.

Please, lets not be a smart a**

Oh and back on topic, I am actually interested to know, all of their products look top notch. Something I may invest in later down the road.

Edited by ModernS30

Sorry you're so upset about that, but the term "NVH" is not street-slang, nor is it text message or IM shorthand. It is analogous to saying WOT or EFI. I'm just saying, a one-second google search would easily show the answer.

Digression over.

Thanks Leon, well said. I'll add that NVH is a standard term in the mechanical and automotive engineering worlds. It's commonly used in Car and Driver and Road and Track as well. I even saw it used in Consumer Reports the other day.

In any event, I usually spell things out and will try to remember to do that more often.

Now back to the original question ... (thank you to Jon and 1 tuff z for their inputs.)

I hit a curb and pushed the TC attaching point on the chassis back a bit and the local frame puller doesn't want to have a go at it. So I'm leaning towards the TT TC rods and just using the adjustability of the TC length to take up the slack so to speak. If I include their LCA it would let me finally get some more camber and caster as well.

I'm not really worried about NVH, just wanted to be sure that it wasn't going to be as noisy as a solid diff mount.

I have heard good things about TTT parts. Looking at the design I particularly like their version of the Z car front LCA using the boxed design over say the billet aluminum LCAs from Arizona Z car. Their rear LCAs are H arms which I believe are fairly common and effective, though inferior to A arm type designs if I remember correctly.

As part of my suspension overhaul I will be buying their full setup (front LCAs, TC rods, bumpsteer spacers, rear LCAs) probably tomorrow. Once they come in I can put together a quick write up of my impressions.

Edited by h4nsm0l3m4n