HybridZ

After 13 years i quit

yetterben

Same for me, actually! Can't walk down the or even get near fertilizer in Lowes.

Some stuff is bad, other stuff is strange that it freaks out my wife, but for me it's no big deal.

I always crack open the carb cleaner and brake cleaner to see if it smells right... :blink:

Holdover from Mimeographing Withdrawl during Elementary School.

Good luck with the quitting.

Oddly enough I've never had any problems with withdrawal, started smoking '00 at uni, cold turkey in '08, just decided not to buy a pack ofr cigs since I wanted somethign else and never bought a pack since, still got 3 or 4 gigars in the humidor in my bedroom in a box. Never felt the craving to go light one up.

Hope you have it as easy :D

The reasons for stopping are many. Your health, social, monetary, etc, to name a few. The list goes on and on. Pick one that works for you and make the commitment. It's tough but doable. Don't think for a minute that you can "chip" now and then and succeed. It doesn't work. As a former addict, I know. When you stop, you just need to hang in there, day after day, until the urges subside and finally reach a point that it doesn't bother you so much. At one point in time, I had not smoked for a number of years and was tempted by a good neighbor on New Year's eve with a good cigar. I fired it up and was on the street the next morning searching for a good cigar. That smoking stint lasted several years until I decided I should give it up for health reasons. I crushed that last big stogie into the ashtray as I overlooked the ocean from a balcony on Miami Beach. That was about ten years ago and I still, at times, have urges but haven't given in yet. Good luck with your attempt!

Good luck man!

I smoke, choose to pick it up in the Navy.

Getting closer to wanting to stop, don't smoke around the kids at all.

When I do quit I have swore not to become a self-righteous pig,,,, a smoke nazi.

Sure it's a bad habit, yet it's not as bad as,,,well....spending above your means and then.....or,,,etc,etc.

When any children, (family or not) says something, I always tell them it is a bad habit, never start. In part, for some reason a lot of children like me and I don't want my short comings influencing them as well. By choice. And besides it gives way to consideration when I may have to adress short coming in their own life. I suspect there will be some understanding of humility that they will have a hard time ignoring.

I have urges every day. I am weak, I can't quit. Problem is I don't have enough time in the day, or opportunity to indulge to the point where I might think I should quit.

And if I quit, then those urges...oh those urges will be overwhelming, I would be consumed.

My lanolin fetish would then probably get really bad...

:blink:

of running. It was pretty easy in those 7 days and I felt kinda healthy. Then the pass expired and well it went downhill from there. Once I get my Z drivable and can sell my RSX I'm going to get a gym pass and quit for good since I'll be able to afford it with no car payment.

Good luck!

Matt