HybridZ

Clutch fluid disappearing??

Well I filled up my Clutch Cylinder after bleeding the clutch and about 5 days later, the level of fluid went down about half of what you can top it off with. I checked under the car to see if it was dripping anywhere, nothing. Checked the cylinder, nothing... Also checked the slave cylinder, but still... Nothing??

Can someone point me in the direction of where I'm suppose to be checking??

If it leaks out like a drop or 2 through the slave each time you use the clutch, you may not see anything. How old is the slave ad MC? I agree with what hoov100 said. When my slave cylinder was bad it leaked the contents of the master cylinder out completely in just a couple days whether being driven or not. When I checked the slave it looked fine until I took it completely off and looked at the seals and saw that they were shot.

Do people still change one and not the other?

Man, I thought that went out with the internet. Talk about peny pinching tripping over dollars to save dimes.

When one goes, the other is right behind it. Change both at the same time. Change both when you do a clutch job. This isn't hard.

If you don't see it on the ground, it's on the firewall.

Didn't you know, clutch fluid is like gas and oil. Those crazy garden gnomes come and drink it while your sleeping, so you constantly have to put more in.

But seriously, I have seen it leak into the inside of the car from the master cylinder...just a thought.

Well I have checked the pedal itself from inside to the firewall, but I don't see any signs of it leaking from there....

I'll double check the slave cylinder later today. How hard is it to replace it? or do I just replace something simple without replacing the whole entire unit? Thanks for the feed back though.