HybridZ

From The Ashes

Long day at work today, another long day tomorrow and finals Monday through Thursday next week. Couldn't really muster up the will to get anything done today, even though I'm trying to do at least one thing everyday. I want to get it her running very soon. Took a few snapshots;

088b4406.jpg

541c4c98.jpg

What's left to do:

Mount & pipe intercooler

Sort electrical

Mount ECU

Replace engine oil & filter

Fill up trans with oil

Wire up speedo & tach (already fitted)

Install boost controller system

Figure out what to do with fuel system

Buy muffler & take to exhaust shop for fitment

That's what's left to get the RB cranking, there's another to do list for aftermarket turbo/manifold fitment and a list after that for when I begin my horsepower hunt.

I'm trying to do at least one thing everyday. I want to get it her running very soon.

+1

It sucks being at that point where you work on it all day and it doesn't seem like you did anything.

Had a little time today so I went ahead and made a hole in the firewall for the wiring harness, etc. to come through. I'm aiming for a better wiring job than on my 280z which looked like complete rubbish. I'll put up better pictures when I'm further along but I used a rubber grommet like the one seen on the stock wiring harness in the picture I pulled at the junk yard a long time ago to make it nice and tidy. It was kind of a pain to find a good spot for the hole but I am happy with it as it's discreet in the engine bay and up under the dash in the car.

Just a start...

a928ba1e.jpg

Edited by jakeoster

It's been raining the past two days and it should be cleared up from now on. I did manage to get down to the auto parts store and bought a metal gasket for where the turbo elbow and the downpipe bolt up together. Got the gasket on and the bolts torqued on the downpipe so that's one more thing off the list.

86a4fa16.jpg

I ordered a new muffler which should be arriving tomorrow. Isn't much left to do and should be running here pretty soon, gonna get on it now that the rain has let up.

Edited by jakeoster

what kinda muffler are you gonna run?

Found exactly what I was looking for, came today from Summit Racing. It's a Magnaflow with a 3" inlet and outlet with a 4" body. I'm gonna paint it all flat black and leave it tip-less for a sleeper look. It fits nice under the rear exhaust cut out.

Compared to the HKS:

483d9210.jpg

ff7d7d83.jpg

aa6830f8.jpg

Installed down pipe from the other day:

8b18b7e4.jpg

Installed and wired my intake & MAF:

35bf46eb.jpg

No picture yet but I'm almost done making a bracket setup for the fuel pump so I can knock my fuel system off the to-do list.

Gonna go down to the junkyard tomorrow morning and get a fuse block and possibly a few things and am going to devote the whole day to whatever I can get done on the Z.

Edited by jakeoster

hmm that muffler looks loud...might be a good resonator for me though..... how much u selling hks for?

If your interested in it we can work out a good price. The tip has a little bend in it from the wreck but everything else looks fine. I'm sure the tip could be knocked back into shape no problem. I can get you a picture if you want.

I've gotten little things done here and there. The main thing I've been working on is fuel delivery. This isn't my final solution but I just want to use what I have for the time being to make her cruise worthy. However, I did find a leak and I have to take off the lines and refit them to make sure all is seated properly. Let's see what I can get done today...

I've gotten little things done here and there. The main thing I've been working on is fuel delivery. This isn't my final solution but I just want to use what I have for the time being to make her cruise worthy. However, I did find a leak and I have to take off the lines and refit them to make sure all is seated properly. Let's see what I can get done today...

8403b4d7.jpg