HybridZ

Josh needs a checklist of things to do before he moves in with a woman for the first time

josh817

1 semester of living with a chick isnt bad...it's pretty short and it will be over before you know it. But speaking from experience...sometimes living witch chicks is great in theory, but one of the most annoying things in the world. If you werent sharing a bathroom, I would say you are golden...but thats not the case.

What you need to focus on is:

1) How hot are her friends? Dont crap where you eat. It never ends well.

2) If her friends are hot, can you make sure you dont leave an impression of being "her creepy" or "slob" of a roommate?

3) Rule 57 of life, cute/hot chicks usually hang out with other cute/hot chicks and 1 fat ugly friend. Be nice (not super friendly, just nice/pleasant) to the fatty friend, and score karma points with your soon to be roommate by being an upstanding citizen and awesome roommate. Let her do all the PR for you amongst her friends. You will be swimming in uninhibited college chicks in no time.

4) Who is paying for her bills/rent? If its the bank of Mom and Dad, then you are good...if its her drug-dealing boyfriend, then make sure you establish ground rules for utility bills and have an iron-clad lease/rental agreement.

5) If you care about the items in 1, 2 and 3, dont bring chicks back to you appt. Chicks are always watching and judging. Always. This will ruin all of the PR buzz you generated from #3.

6) Dont buy drugs from her drug dealing boyfriend

7) Lysol Mold and Mildew with Bleach is the best cleaning product in the world for bathrooms.

8) Learn how to jazz up Ramen noodles. You will eat this for the next 4 years

9) 1 month before you are going to move out or the semester ends, crank up the charm. You WANT to be that guy that she regrets sleeping with.

10) Get drunk. A lot. It helps college life and living in squalor become more enjoyable.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the dirt, you would be amazed. After doing my tranny (I said tranny again) I was dirty UNDER my clothes. That was a first. When I use to have long hair, it would cake into a hat. You'd get to play the game of see how brown and black you can make the water, another one I found exceedingly fun was see how many time you can wash your hair and still have the water turn a different color. :trippen:

I see you like doing trannies. But on the hair part, I have an afro and I have to work on the ground with no creeper (or whatever you guys call it) so my hair gets all kind of stuff in it. I wash my hair a minimum of 3 times after working on the Z or any car for a prolonged period of time. Now to answer your question about the moving in with a woman. Make sure that you flush after dropping a deuce they hate it when you don't, and be neat and don't leave your stuff all over the place. Also don't forget the petroleum jelly.

Lol she has no boyfriend. :2thumbs:

Now... last semester I DID have one friend who was a girl who sold Ex over at club Insomnia in Dallas. If you went there and bought tabs, maybe it was from her, you crazy bastards. We stopped being friends when one night she went out to go restock (her boyfriend would bring her so she could dress slutty and act ditsy, for a better sale) and some dude put a gun to their head, stole their phones (god forbid) and their money. When she told me about it I was like "lol maybe thats a hint to stop your 'business'?" She got pissed and stopped talking to me. :coollook: Honestly though I've never been part of drugs, never done them, never plan on it. Seems like an expensive hobby.

How do these contracts/agreements work, you guys? Her parents will be paying for housing I believe. I understand contracts with a landlord but if you add a person to the place, they aren't part of the contract I believe. That means her and I have to make one? How do I do that? Just writing up an agreement and signing it makes it a legal contract that if one of us broke it would stand in court? Is it that simple? :?:

To answer the redheaded girlfriend question, that crashed last week and now we're kinda like meh. Dates are turning out more like friends going out rather than girlfriend/boyfriend going out for the night. I informed her about having a probable female roomie this fall. She saw a picture of the girl and said she trusts me (aka she thinks she's better then her) but I don't think she gets it, I don't want to date anymore with the way its going. It'll just tempt me to get in on some action with the potential new roomie and that would kill karma big time. I would say bunk up with the girlfriend but because things aren't the best, plus I think its a horrible idea to bunk up with a relationship, I say no. If **** hits the fan, then we're stuck living with each other or someone leaves and the other person gets screwed with like $700/mo.

Edited by josh817

most property management companies require that anyone who spends a certain number of nights there per month sign their name to the lease. Some complexes are so large though that they don't really make to big a deal about things like that unless you draw attention to yourself...ie working on a car in the parking lot, loud friends over all the time, neighbor complaints. If your not going to be there for the entire term of the lease I would try to work out something with the roomie, especially if she's going to be there long term...the last thing you want is to get a bill for cleaning, or a ding on your credit because she flaked out or left the place a mess even though you hadn't been there for 6 months..the flip side of that though is to get your name on the lease so you can build renters credit if you trust that your not going to get screwed, OR maybe you can have your name removed from the lease when you move out. Good luck, time to do some research.

Are you going to make it out to any of the vintage races now that your in school?

most property management companies require that anyone who spends a certain number of nights there per month sign their name to the lease. Some complexes are so large though that they don't really make to big a deal about things like that unless you draw attention to yourself...ie working on a car in the parking lot, loud friends over all the time, neighbor complaints. If your not going to be there for the entire term of the lease I would try to work out something with the roomie, especially if she's going to be there long term...the last thing you want is to get a bill for cleaning, or a ding on your credit because she flaked out or left the place a mess even though you hadn't been there for 6 months..the flip side of that though is to get your name on the lease so you can build renters credit if you trust that your not going to get screwed, OR maybe you can have your name removed from the lease when you move out. Good luck, time to do some research.

Are you going to make it out to any of the vintage races now that your in school?

Here is the jive of the story. She seems like she wants to get intimate and she has her girl moments where she's like "how come you have to transfer to Tarleton". I think she may talk herself into going there also. It doesn't matter to me. I liked the apartment idea because unlike dorms, you go on a month by month basis. If I were to get into a dorm somehow, they only have a Fall + Spring and then just a Spring contract. I ask them where the **** is the just Fall contract and they said there isn't one, so technically when December came around I would have to break the contract and then lose an additional $500 plus be on the bad boy list probably or something (if it even mattered since I'm transferring).

She says she may come with me to Tarleton if she's really attracted that much. Most likely she won't be so she already said "well if you leave then I'm stuck in the place by myself" my answer to her was that by the time December or January comes around, a dorm should open up. Being wait listed for a full semester sounds reasonable. Point being that I don't plan to have any trust issues with a trashed out place an stuff, I'd be first to step in and last to step out of that place, I'd think.

As for races, I always attend the CVAR races. There is a school the weekend of Sep. 3rd in College Station. School as in like they run all 7 groups and then they tack 1 more group on of new guys and instead of racing for 20 minutes they have us wave surprise attack flags like a full course black to see if they know what to do. Weed out the dummies sort of thing before they're allowed in with the other guys. I was planning on waving for PCA and other DE events but I haven't jumped on the opportunities.

EDIT: Oh yah, its on campus housing by the way. Only thing I hate about it is that there are no firearms allowed on campus. Being in Arlington, especially around Cooper/Collins, I feel more comfortable having something on hand. Nothing saying I can't use a frypan and/or a bat I suppose though.

Edited by josh817