HybridZ

iPhone 4

jakeoster

My iPhone 4 came the other day and it's is awesome! It's my 3G connection is faster than my cable Internet and it loads YouTube a whole lot better then my iphone 3G ever did. Not to mention the camera and hardware... Certainly gonna keep this thing :D

Edited by jakeoster

I bought a high tech phone to use as a "laptop" PC.  I bought the Nokia 5800.  It has ALL the bells and whistles that a good laptop would have PLUS it makes phone calls.  

Two Cameras (front and back) front is for video calls.

Great GPS with Garmin

WiFi

Awesome sound for Music listening with or without head phones.

Multi Network compatibility

Expandable memory

bluetooth

What else do you need?  What does Apple give you? 

Edited by cygnusx1

What else do you need?  What does Apple give you? 

1. Im with AT&T and Im in an area with no reception issues

2. The only phone other then a prepaid one Ive ever owned is an iPhone

3. Im comfortable with the operating system and its design

4. You cannot fault the build quality of an iPhone, the 4th gen I have feels very stout and solid

5. The display is top notch, best Ive ever seen and does not strain my eyes

Those are a couple reasons I go with the iPhone. It works for me and I am satisfied with it. Ive never given any other "smartphone" a chance because I havent felt like I wanted to and I like what I have.

Edit: If anyone believes I am an Apple fanboy of sorts you probably would not be far off target. I dont mind paying a premium for their products because I have always been very satisfied with them.

Edited by jakeoster

My situation is different since the company I own pays for all my technology and phone related stuff... We get the best and brightest gear because our business may depend on it... That said, Although we have FOUR iphone 3G or 3Gs in the plan, I put a stop to upgrading to the iPhone4 because we had two 3Gs that weren't holding charge longer than a couple of hours... After 3 months of complaining to Apple, and having "AppleCare" plans in hand, we finally got them replaced under warranty. Since we've upgraded to software vs. 4.0 I've had nothing but problems with the phones...

Someone mentioned "switching" plans to another company, like Verizon. This is the absolute worst advice you can give, without understanding where the person lives and if the company will even have "REAL" coverage in that specific area. We currently use AT&T and I rarely if ever drop a call. When we had Verizon, in my area specifically, we had issues with dropped calls. This is NOT the case everywhere and with every carrier.

As to the comparison about different phones... My wife didn't think she liked her iphone 3G, so I took her to the store and said Pick out what you like... She wanted something with a real keyboard...So she ended up with an HTC Flip2. I thought it was a nice phone at first... but it is a bit cluncky and the apps aren't as easy to use or as fast. Now she realizes how easy and intuitive the iPhone was and how easy the apps integrated into the phone and were also so intuitive to use. We'll eventually give her my phone and if the iphone4s get de-bugged properly I'll get one by fall... With phones, it really is a "one size doesn't fit all" thing. Somethings important to you, might not be important to someone else... I use the hell out of my 3G, and it's worth the money spent. But I'm a business man and the use of the phone pays for itself. If I weren't having the company provide it, I'd probably be using something less expensive and with less over all functionality. It boils down to how you use it.

And WOLDSON is correct. All the fancy gizmos in the world won't matter if the tower isn't new technology equipped.

Mike

Edited by Mikelly

iphone 4g definately taking some heat....it's a neat device if it weren't for AT&T...althought i don't think much of the 4g...miscalculated reception indication as well as having the hold the phone a special way, because holding it the same way you hold every other phone...is incorrect.

Apple is including a free "bumper" phone cover with the purchase of an iphone 4 to correct (or rather mask) the reception problem. And for those that already bought the cover, they'll refund the $30 or how ever much it was.

Happy about that, sure saves me some bucks.

They are not as good as apple, I have one (HTC). Apple has a "polish" that most do not, however its coming. Apple has to so give up it's monapalistic ideas.

The large investment that microsoft put into apple has bought them into today. Gheez there is soooo much to let fellows know. Just this is not the thread to do it.

Edited by woldson