HybridZ

Permanent thermostat removal good or bad?

Guys need more info on this as they get stuck and overheat the engine is it better just to removed it?

Dont remove your thermostat. Your engine will never reach operating temperature. Also It can cause your engine to overheat. Find a thermostat that works

Dont remove your thermostat. Your engine will never reach operating temperature. Also It can cause your engine to overheat. Find a thermostat that works

:blink:

If you take out of t-stat put a restrictor in it's place and it will be fine.

Just a guess, but there's probably a reason the Nissan engineers put a thermostat there in the first place. :rolleyes:

And, guessing again, the reason wasn't to make your life more difficult.

Put in a new thermostat and keep an eye on the temperature gauge. Carry a spare if you worry about it sticking.

How often has a sticking thermostat been a problem for you? Maybe I've been lucky for the last 39 years with my Z - only one stuck open.

Dennis

Just a guess, but there's probably a reason the Nissan engineers put a thermostat there in the first place. :rolleyes:

And, guessing again, the reason wasn't to make your life more difficult.

Put in a new thermostat and keep an eye on the temperature gauge. Carry a spare if you worry about it sticking.

How often has a sticking thermostat been a problem for you? Maybe I've been lucky for the last 39 years with my Z - only one stuck open.

Dennis

With a Z, never stuck one. With my Subaru Outback, once, and it needed a new engine afterwards. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has never 'stuck' that I can recall. I think this is much ado about a non-starter. What is sticking? A 30+ year old component that is fouled with 30+ years of contaminants passing over it?

The people that experience this need to look at the reasons it stuck, and not blanket condemn the device. There IS a reason they are there, and it's been extensively covered in the archives. Grapeape Racing link...