HybridZ

I now have something to show off other than the paint on my car!

B00STDZ

The engine....

32184010123_large.jpg

32184010127_large.jpg

The car currently has a bad clutch that is slipping very bad. made 200 whp on the dyno... should make upwards 300 whp with a new clutch. Complete haltech platinum sport 2000 fully sequential fuel injection and ignition management system.

I also have 2-step/launch control on it( builds 3 psi, so its a mild launch control but gets the turbo spinning). Sounds really good! I plan to take video of me using the launch control as I have never seen launch control used on a l28et...

This is all on stock suspension and brakes... Suspension and brakes are the next phase..

32184010125_large.jpg

Very clean looking swap!

Which clutch are you running now?

I couldn't find a thread with more pics of the body work/paint/wheels. Have any to show off?

What color is it?

I'm loving the paint and wheel combo!

Edited by cockerstar

Wow..looks awesome. Who installed and set-up \ tuned your Haltech? Any problems with installing it and building the harness? I noticed you are still running a distributor.

Accually the guy who tuned my car travels all over the world to troubleshoot haltech systems on cars. Hes supposidly the best that could touch my car... They didnt say anything about my distributer, I am running a vg30 300zx wheel and haltech ignition control module though. They however did recommended me getting a tubular exhaust manifold, bigger turbo, and external wastegate though... Haha. ;)

Edited by B00STDZ

I read through your cardomain and it really looks great!

Are you running the burnt orange from the newer corvettes?

I've been toying with house of kolor kandy tangerine with the same wheels in gold, so I'm very pleased to see your combination :)

Its accually a custom color called "nutmeg" but when I tell people its nutmeg they think its brown... But really its a color shifting orange... Appears between red/ gold/ and orange. Its very unique, I have never seen a color like it in the street.

• 2 weeks later...

haha befor the bigger Turbo .. id say brakes and suspension first ;) nothing holds a car back more than sloppy brakes and stock suspension :)

Haha i dont think it holds the car back any, but it defenatly gets scary and unstable. Brakes and suspension are next.

Im discussing with a member about having a z32 caliper front and rear adapter brackets mass produced, or course me buying a set.

I have no idea when this will accually happen but hopefully in the near future, along with the early pop on z31 84-86 turbo 5-lug hub swap so I can use 5lug wheels without an adapter....

This car is far from done, even though alot has been done, there is still alot left to go...

i'm actually talking to a machine shop to have brackets machined so i can bolt up my z32 rear calipers...haven't quite moved to the front yet...nice aluminum calipers...only downfall is the e-brake....it'd have to be a line lock.

Accually the member I'm referring to has brackets to swap z32 front and rear calipers on a s30 already made.

He has one of only five sets made on a limited run someone did.

Hopefully he will end up producing a run of these.

Parking brake? Just park with the car in 1st gear... but yeah parking brake would be nice but is not totally necessary.