HybridZ

Lug nuts for Rota wheels-quality ones

Well the title says it all, but I'm not happy with the lugs I am using for my Rota RBRs. What are you guys using and how well are they holding up. Looking for options, prices, colors and any info would be great.

No one has an opinion here? I am using a allen socket type lug and they are not holding up well.I think they will strip out sooner then they should-sorry don't have a name brand, but they were probably cheapies. Anyone using the spline type and who makes them-Mcguard, Gorilla-are they holding up after taking the wheel off many times. How's the chrome holding up?

I have the Rota RBR 17x8.5 and used these exact lugs I believe. My link I have taken the wheels off many times and the only wear is on the beveled edge that seats the wheel. They are acorn lugs but thin wall. They have worked so far!

I have the Rota RBR 17x8.5 and used these exact lugs I believe. My link I have taken the wheels off many times and the only wear is on the beveled edge that seats the wheel. They are acorn lugs but thin wall. They have worked so far!

Those look exactly like my Gorilla lugs, but cheaper. I can't say they are the same quality, but if this guy says they work . . . I'd go for them.

I used hex, OPEN end, lug nuts, track rules require open ended. I would not use splined nuts because the tool is rarer than hex, and can be misplaced and screw you out of track time. I also use longer lug studs to ensure proper thread engagement.

I used hex, OPEN end, lug nuts, track rules require open ended. I would not use splined nuts because the tool is rarer than hex, and can be misplaced and screw you out of track time. I also use longer lug studs to ensure proper thread engagement.

Yup, if you plan to race the car, they may give you grief about the nuts being closed and/or they may make you remove one to check for proper thread engagement.

Just to let you know there are two styles of acorn nuts. The standard type that the factory steel wheels came with and the Bulge type. The Konig Rewinds I have take the Bulge style. I would call Rota to find out what to use.