HybridZ

Witnessed a bad accident this morning

rossman

I was sitting at a light, first car with a clear view of the intersection. The cars heading in the opposite direction had a green light in the turning lane to turn across traffic (in front of me) thru the intersection to a four lane road.

The 350z had his top down and was riding the tail of a slow moving minivan thru the intersection. I still remember the seeing the guy, late 30's or early 40's with is sun glasses on.

As they came thru the intersection the guy in the 350z gunned it as he tried to pass on the right. He lost control as the rear tires spun and the back end slid out. Th 350z shot forward at about 60 degrees relative to the centerline of the road and hit the front right fender of the minivan. The Z rolled off the front/side of the minivan as the rear of the car lifted almost straight up as it was it continued to roll then slammed down top side down.

I could see the guy in the Z hanging by his seat belt and ducking his head as the car came down. This image is stuck in my head. His head and shoulders appeared to be well past the doors and rear hatch.

As the car smashed down the windshield was flattened level with the doors and rear hatch.

By the time I got back to the accident (I was in the far lane of a 6 lane road) there were already police at the scene. No one else was hurt. The lady in the minivan was really shaken up. Rather than get in the way I gave the the police my information and left.

I thought for sure the guy was dead but I saw life flight helicopter flying by soon after I arrived a work. Hopefully he makes it.

Lessons learned? Slow it down, be patient, don't act out of rage...

"I could see the guy in the Z hanging by his seat belt and ducking his head as the car came down. This image is stuck in my head. His head and shoulders appeared to be well past the doors and rear hatch."

You seem preoccupied with 'head'...

Depending on your outlook on life, that could be a "Good" Accident. ;)