HybridZ

280z Custom front

75zcar

LOVE it!!! just wish it was not so expensive to buy a new one just to chop it up :(

Ya I think they are close to 300 for the bumper. If I wouldnt of fell onto this one at my local yard then you guys would not be having this for your veiwing pleasure ha.

• 3 weeks later...

It was only done for cosmetic purpose but I have found that it will enable me to run a over head consol that I pulled from a yard vehicle. It really look great in person. When I paint the car I'm running a center stripe at the base of the cowl, insted of the more commonly seen that are painted on the top of the cowl. Also when I welded it on it pulled all the layers together, aka my roof is solid. I still won't have anyone near it, but I did a test sit on the roof and it held up nicley leaving no dents behind.

Edited by 75zcar

IMG_4688.jpg

I got my flares and spoiler mounted, driver side of the front bumper molded on and still hard on the search for some better wheels!

Please let me hear your comments and concerns!

Fix your flares. The rear of the rear flare is sticking way out into the body work. The front flare looks like it needs to be rotated down about an inch using the rear of the flare as the pivot point. Assuming there is an engine in the vehicle, this could also help a little bit with the extra fender gap the front has compared to the rear. Edited by rturbo 930

Sorry to be so late to this great post but I would have liked to see the whole thing without the grille cut-out. There was more than enough inlet air in the original design and a fan shroud would have added to overall cooling. As it stands now it is the opposite of what was learned during the aero-windtunnel testing.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is some more pictures from more work done:

IMG_5293.jpg

Here is the general shape of how the cowl transitions out of the roof. I am contemplating on running a third brake light here.

IMG_5296.jpg

The beggining of molding the flares on.

IMG_5298.jpg

IMG_5304.jpg

Driver seat installed.

IMG_5301.jpg

IMG_5302.jpg

Needing opinions, I am looking at more ways to modify this bumper for a whole new look. Here is my current idea after playing some:

IMG_6294.jpg

IMG_6292.jpg

I have removed the 2 vertical bars in the lower portion of the bumper. I would also make 3 seperate ducks that will run all the way to the radiator for each slot of the center portion. ALong with seperate grills. Also the part on the lower lip of the bumper thats black primer I have thought about removing.

Opinions? Any other ideas you guys have?

Not to be cruel that makes it look like the car has buckteeth. :P I would do some reading about aerodynamics I think there are a few threads about it on here concerning the front grill area. I think the more open you have it but channel everything into the radiator area will look the best and work the best. Just my 2 cents.