HybridZ

6" Speakers in the door panels of a S30?

Cable

6-in. Alpines in custom enclosure in the kick panel:

Hey Bo, I guess you missed the part where it says DOOR panels, not KICK panels... :unsure:

I don't have much interest in kick panel speakers because I don't feel like removing the kick panel speaker in order to get to the fuse box.

Thanks anyway.

I'll get some pictures of mine later tonight. One thing about it being in the door is that I always end up slightly kicking it on the way out and knocking the grille off the speakers. It gets annoying really quickly.

• 4 weeks later...

Awhile back we had a group buy for some custom door panels that had 6.5" speaker holes back in like 07. Purchased them back on my old account.

I still have them, havent got around to installing them, theyre still collecting dust. They look very good though. Even come with a nice armrest.

I believe the member RAVEN produced them. They were something like 360$ for a pair if i remember correctly.

i installed a 6 3/4" alpine type r component system into my s130. You just have to cut out the holes very carefully. My only issue is that I haven't figured out what kind of trim I should put around it to make it look right.

Sorry don't have my car right now so I can't take any pictures.

Edited by bens1088

I also purchased the fiberglass panels from the group buy. I had a local stereo shop add the tweeter provisions for my 6 1/2" Infiniti components. Using these panels eliminates use of the stock window crank as it impeads it's space. This was not a problem for me as I wanted to go the route of Spal electric windows any how. My plans are to wrap this door panel in a leather boder with alcantera insert when time permits for the interior portion of my build.

post-736-093371500 1285533908_thumb.jpg

post-736-040660700 1285533941_thumb.jpg

post-736-094919800 1285533962_thumb.jpg

I also purchased the fiberglass panels from the group buy. I had a local stereo shop add the tweeter provisions for my 6 1/2" Infiniti components. Using these panels eliminates use of the stock window crank as it impeads it's space. This was not a problem for me as I wanted to go the route of Spal electric windows any how. My plans are to wrap this door panel in a leather boder with alcantera insert when time permits for the interior portion of my build.

Nice looking panels. I would like to do that some time. Your project looks really nice.

• 2 weeks later...