HybridZ

new GNOSE pics with the watanabe wheels...

Guest DATTO

Guest DATTO

hey all just wanted to post progress on my 71 240z turbo project. its been an ongoing project hopefully will be done soon. lots of my friends here on hybrid are helping me. hopefully i can get the car done by the next MSA show. okay guys thanks for all your help

mike

heres the link to my new pictures

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=981605&uid=621522

Guest DATTO

hey Brad-ManQ45

the wheels are 15x10 rears and 15x8.5 fronts, previously owned by stony. im not sure what the offset is, i tried looking all over the wheel but couldnt find numbers, if you want i can measure back spacing so you can get a rough esitmate on offset spacing. the tires in the front are 195-50 and the rears are 225-50, i went for the stretch tire look and feel. if i went wider in the rears, it would have hit the flare and id have to cut more fender but im pleased how the 225-50 looks plus it would save me so much cash with that common size. the rear rim actually passes the flare by a few millimeters so the strecthed tire worked out great. thanks for the replys

NION

hey bro where do you live in san diego, thats where im from...i live south san diego by palm ave...about 5 mins from TJ...let me know maybe i can check your ride out or you can cruise by so i can take pics of your low low ride. aite all take it easy

mike

Hey Datto

Dude, the car turned out sweet! Thats almost exactly what Id like mine to looke like when Im done. Unfortunately, I wont be able to go quite that low due to exhaust off the V8. But the rims and ZG's look...vicious. Car looks like it means buisness. Inspirational for me..you are now officially my new wallpaper. Hope fully that will get me off this damn PC and back into the garage.

BTW, Im also in San Diego, out El Cajon way. Maybe we could hook up sometime. Id love to see the car in person.

Jason

Good to see you posting again, Datto! Your car is looking great with those wheels. Remember when you took a pole at ZDriver.com and asked if the silver or the black looks better on your car? Well, the anthracite Watanabes look exceptional! Nice work smile.gif

Davy

Datto the wheels are 15X10 with 4.5 inch backspacing. with coilovers you can go 5 inch backspacing.... i bought 10 inchers with 5.5 BS and gonna use a 1/4 inch spacer and should fit perfect but we will see still wating on the tires ;<

hopefully they make it here. post office has a heads up on the address thing twak.gifrockon.gif

Sweet looking ride...

Minus the wheels and fender mounted mirrors, that is what My car will look like once it is done. I've got the G-nose, bolt on flares, and I'm going with the Cobra R knock-offs and a pair of carbon fiber stem mirrors with VERY small mounting pedistols.

Question is WHAT COLOR to paint it??? I'm thinking dark metalic Silver, but I'm not sure... After seeing Pete's paint up close and personal and watching it change tones in the different lighting, man I'm now confused... His car is gorgious!!!

Mike 2thumbs.gif

That is a sweet Fairlady. Can I ask you where you got those S130 Fairlady mirrors? I've been wanting to get a set so I can mount them up front but I have been unsuccesful. I'm close to giving up...I might just use the stock one I have now. Hopefully the arm base is not too short. :(

Guest DATTO

hey all

thanks for the great comments. hopefully ill get my car done by MSA show next year.

RATED Z

the mirrors are actually 1975 Toyota celica side mirrors that are reversed...i am now a HYBRID Z CAR! heheheh

OH YEA ONE MORE THING!!!

i updated more pics this time i put on some 3-piece epsilons in the fronts so check it out if you have time....thanks for all the support...heres the link

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=gnose

mike

OMG ...me WANT!

Those are shweet! Which are you going with? And would you be willing to sell the set you arent going to use? I dunno if you saw my last post but Im also in San Diego. I would most definately be interested in either of those rim sets! If you do end up selling a set...id like first chance at them!

Jason

Guest DATTO

hey guys

the epsilons are actually for my friend/business partners 1972 BMW 2002, i just pick them up for him today in los angeles. i just wanted to put them on the Z car and see what you guys think of them. they are 15x9 and 15x8. i really like the deep dish...the front lip is about 4.25" and the rear is about 4.75" lip. pretty cool looking! i can ask my friend if he knows of anymore sets lying around forsale. ill let you all know.

JASON

if your around my way give me an email DATTOZXT@HOTMAIL.COM or if you know of the Z junkyard shop "all z auto wrecking" im about 5 mins away from there so if you ever visit there let me know and ill come around. i wanna take pics of other peoples Z's, i love zs...hehehe hey take it easy all!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zpeed

AHHHHH deep dish babyy.. yer jap style all the way...

btw... are the wheels pefectly flat with the flares... as thats what i want, i don't know much about spacing and backspacing and all that so...

Guest DATTO

HEY Zpeed

the rear wheels actually pass the flares by a few millimeters and the fronts are closer in. the fronts are 15x8.5 and the rears are 15x10 if i had 15x9 fronts i think it would be flush to the flares. hey thanks for the post...take it easy