HybridZ

AFR guage mounted in dash clock area

madkaw

Wanting to install a wideband on my 71 and put the guage where the clock is. Most of the guages I have seen have been 2 1/16" , but I guess we need a 2 5/8" guage for it to fit correctly? Like to get some ideas here so I can order a guage set-up.

I did something similar. I mounted my boost guage in the clock housing. You need a 2 5/8 guage for it to fit cleanly without a gap around it. I wound up using the face of the stock guage and put my guage behind it. It looks almost factory!

Edited by lowrider

Bo,

I like that set-up. I was going to get an analog guage with a black face, so I thought it would blend in well enough. I'm not worried about it looking completely stock, but it would be nice to have the guage mounted in the cluster. So Bo, is the color on the background just white, or did you figure a way to use the green light?

Anyone mount a fuel pressure guage inside their car? I noticed some guages are not for use "in" the car. I would like to monitor fuel pressure "real time" running down the road. Their seems to be a big difference in price and quality in fuel guages.

Steve, I am using Speedhut gauges with "through the dial/face" lighting. My lighting color is blue as all of my gauges are Speedhut. You could opt for Speedhut and select green lighting. It may not be a perfect match but should be close.

Edited by ktm