HybridZ

titan mpg

Owen C.

I was just curious what the other Titan drivers out there where getting for MPG. I have an 05 se 2wd That is bone stock. When I first got it I was getting 17 MPG average. This summer it was between 15 and 16 but never worse than low 15s. I do alot of freeway driving, atleast 40 miles a week day.

My 04 SE extra cab was the same. But just moved up to a 2004 Dodge 3500 Diesel Dually. 18.5 empty and 14.5 towing race car down to Sebring last weekend. So long baby truck and welcome to the world of 1 ton madness. Hopefully I see a 40' gooseneck trailer in my future. And that means 2 cars going to the track. Yea Baby.....

My bud just turned his back to Nissan after the engine took a dump and Nissan was not so helpful in engine replacement cost breaks.

He was lamenting his 15mpg when he went from working on the Capitol Mall in D.C. (short drive to the train station...) to another job that had him runing the Titan 97 miles each way, each day... Not loving 15mpg at that point!

I heard about it a lot.

To be fair, though, getting 15mpg in a Titan is GREAT! My wife gets maybe 18-20 driving the Y2K Frontier, whereas I get 16mpg. That's a lot more truck, and a lot more room so for me 'that would hurt less'! But in either case having the option to get the Diesel offered outside the USA (Frontier averages 35mpg!) would really help as the last post mentions. Diesels in a small truck providing torque and decent HP? What a concept!

My first truck was a 91 Dodge 3/4 ton with a Cummings and a 5 speed. It got 19 - 22 depending on my mood, but that was back when diesel fuel was cheaper than gasoline. The last tank I ran through my Titan gave me 17.3 MPG. I never reved higher than 2k and on long stretches of down hill I popped it in neutral. I couldn't see myself driving like this all the time, it was more of an experiment than anything.

Amen bro...

I lust for the TD27 or Direct Injected 3.0 Diesel option offered overseas!

I got 15mpg like clockwork in my petrol F250, and in the F350 diesel got 17.5 towing, loaded, or empty!

But it's not like I want to drive that hulk every day! Getting 35mpg from the diesels and having the small truck for everyday usage would be GREAT! Why can't Nissan/Ford/etc see this? I mean, they got Diesel RANGERS overseas...