HybridZ

A good buy on this trailer?

rags

EvilC and I are going to split a trailer cost. We are looking at this one:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-cars-sale/565286-fs-steel-trailer.html

We are thinking of offering $1000. What do you guys look for when buying a used trailer? This will be used to haul Z cars around of course. Thanks for any help. Owner is upgrading to a new trailer for his new GT3.

Looks like quite a well built trailer. I don't know if I believe that he has $2,500 in it unless the axles were new when he got them. I think $1,000 would be a fantastic deal depending on condition it is in. Wood looks great, paint looks good, has a tire rack. What more do you need? :D

Heck yea that looks like a good deal. I would look to make sure the tires are in good shape, no cracks in the rubber (they tend to sit a long time in the sun). Also that the axle is in good shape, standard moving parts stuff, and that the lights work. Otherwise I would just make sure it has all the tie-downs, and no signs of damage to the frame or welds. Those things are pretty heavy duty, I would imagine it's in good shape if it looks that good. If that were for sale around here, I would expect to see it for sale for at least $2k. But, things could be different there.

If that left fender doesn't lift up or come off, you're gonna have fun getting out of the car once you drive it on the trailer. Don't ask me how I found out that non-removable fenders are a PITA. Even if you pull the car on all the way to the right, you're gonna smack the fender with the door. Either make it removable, able to be lifted (from rear to front (so the door clears it)) or plan on crawling out through the window and wondering how you're gonna close it once you do.

• 1 year later...