HybridZ

GT5 players Thread

wigenOut-S30

I wanted to start a new thread about GT5. In this thread we can share car setups, Track times, Likes, Dislikes, General Knowledge, Driving chair setups, ect.

So far I am liking the game a lot. Although it has many downfalls; the Physics are great although the graphics on the standard cars are well.. GT4ish and not very good. I do not like that I cannot change wheels on the standard cars as well. It seems going through the game early on, all the cars you win are well.. junk. I do like the special challenges and it is a good way to make some extra cash. I really like the carting and unlocking the Top Gear Test track has been loads of fun!

I was able to get a S130 but have not been able to find a S30 yet. Has anyone else been able to find a S30?

I like how they condensed the UI down to just a few places, instead of having to go all over the map. But, at the same time I dislike how there aren't any more one-make races and whatnot. There also seem to be a lot fewer races altogether. And the stupid car delivery thing? Why the extra steps?

I hate how you can't use each color more than once.

The mods for each car seem really odd. And, no more 1200 hp skylines it seems. I miss all the adjust-ability that GT4 had when you got the fully custimizable transmission and suspension. It's a lot simpler now. I liked being able to set my camber to +12 degrees, dammit!

The AI seems a lot more aware that you exist, though. Still runs you off the course every once and a while, but I suppose that's somewhat realistic (iow - keep an eye on the cars around you).

Does anyone know if the oil change trick works on new cars like in GT3/GT4?

$60 for 200 new cars and 800+ of the same models from GT4? I would have rather waited...

So far I have a Z33, Z32TT, Z31, and S130. I saw a S30 right when I started but haven't seen one since. Level 13 working on leveling up to 15 to get the Super license.

Edited by BLOZ UP

The physics are awesome, but I'm with you on the standard car stuff. I did see an S30 in the used lot after I bought my first car, but obviously I didn't have the monies :( . I did manage to get a Countach, KPGC10, and Mercedes 2.3-16 from the used lot.

As far as driving goes, I like to turn all assists including ABS off but remember to set your brake balance correctly, or else you'll go twirling off course. I use the interior view once in a while, and I like that you can change the zoom level. My old GTDFP wheel seems to be holding up pretty well. Overall, it's a great game, but I've been into the series since the first one came out so I may be a bit biased!

I have a s-30. Bought it used.

Special challenges so far are the best parts of the game. A few of us will start a Sunday night GT5 race night again like we had with GTR pm the pc.

Let me know about that for Sunday nights.. Sounds fun!

Yeah the goofy menu's when acquiring a car seems silly. I do like the ability to gift things to friends though. It would seem things would have been a little more perfected and polished since we had to wait 3 extra years for it!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...