HybridZ

LS1 setup is coming out!

Yes you are reading that correctly, I am pulling the 02 LS1/T56 combo out!! Today I closed a deal to pull out everything out of my car and swap it into another Z owners car who is a member here. I will let him expose himself to the group if he likes. No pun intended, lol. He has been through two turbo motors and tired of putting money into the setup. So the LS1 setup is perfect for his needs. So over the next few weeks I will doing the swap for him.....of course in Joe's(rags) garage!

The plan is to finish his car and start looking for a donor for myself. I am thinking of buying another donor....05-06 GTO. Maybe someone else has some other suggestions. While my car is apart I will clean up more items and paint some other parts. So it has been 2k miles or a little over a year and EVIL Z will be down again!

These cars are never done!

Edited by EvilC

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Car will be back on the road by April. Yeah, I say that now! I def do not want to miss track season next year plus my new boss is prez of the local PCA. Nothing like going to the track with the person I report to. You think I should let him by in the GT3? lol

Well one day later -

Got the engine and trans out my car:

Bye Bye LS1

1128001450_KaLty-L.jpg

1128001583_GRxL5-L.jpg

1128001692_5XBLZ-L.jpg

Out with the old L28ET:

1128000816_TVwSV-L.jpg

Plan for tomorrow is to prep the new car for the motor mounts and tranny mounts. Have to get rid of the old tranny mounts and a little love to the trans tunnel. Also need to pull the harness from my car with a few small things. So far so good.

See Clive, when people claim that its cheaper to get HP out of a V8 than it is to get out of an L28ET, they don't factor in, that when enough is not enough, L28ET guys can just turn up the boost rather than pull an engine.    ;)  Not implying anything, except that our addictions are the same but all I have to do is turn a screw!  LOL

Edited by cygnusx1

That may be true sometimes but your l28et wasn't touching my v8! =P

Ok end of day two. Broke down the L28ET/Z32 trans setup and the owner can get his parts back to resell them.

Parts:

1129055200_kexZs-L.jpg

The LS1 is in its new home!

1129055691_iszM8-L.jpg

1129055799_dgCDk-L.jpg

1129055075_e27Z6-L.jpg

Still need to bolt the trans to the floor and fill it back up with fresh fluid. A ds needs to be ordered from JCI and some hoses. Then comes moving the harness and ecu to this car. With xmas coming up soon, I think she will sit with just the harness hooked up to the engine for now. Hope to have it done by mid Jan. I know this guy is going to be very happy with this setup. His car looks mean and now has the motor to match!

Anyone see any wrecked GTOs yet? lol.

See Clive, when people claim that its cheaper to get HP out of a V8 than it is to get out of an L28ET, they don't factor in, that when enough is not enough, L28ET guys can just turn up the boost rather than pull an engine.    ;)  Not implying anything, except that our addictions are the same but all I have to do is turn a screw!  LOL

actually us v8 guys can also just turn up the boost:)

Any more updates?

I might have my ls1 running next week as well! Working on the new fuel lines today and should be able to finish them up tomorrow.

If all my parts arrive on Monday I could be running by the weekend! We'll see who fires it up first :)

Only update is that I am back from AC, lol.

I hope to get back on the car in a week. I am back to my 12 hour shifts this week straight through until the first week in Jan. So you better have your car started first! =)

Once I get the new fuel lines in, I'll be REAL close to starting mine! Just waiting on a few parts deliveries to arrive which is the only thing holding me up - I'm going to have to send my tach back to Speedhut to have them redo the blinker LEDs - they wired them to receive 12V instead of pulling to ground - So I'll be calling them tomorrow :)