HybridZ

Datsun Competition Hood Scoop

emoximuu

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

125 or 135

Please don't post guesses. It just means more crap to filter out. The accurate information is in this thread, and it's not hard to find (took me all of 30 seconds). Post #36. "$195 for fiberglass and $325 for carbon fiber."

Nigel

Is that shipped, I could have sworn I saw 195 shipped and 125 regular earlier in the thread, and I'm local to him

Wishful thinking... I got a deal on mine because it was the first, and it was still $175 plus $90 for shipping to Ontario.

Nigel

To help clarify the pricing, my girlfriend bought a fiberglass one for me from Les back in November as a secret Xmas gift.

Said she paid $250 plus shipping for it which was $275 total. ( Corrected by her )

Guess Les changed his mind and will be making them to order as RB240ZDET has posted below.

I'm having my carbon guy make me one out of carbon fiber as the last Les told us was he wasn't going to make anymore at all when we talked to him.

Edited by Apex944

To help clarify the pricing, my girlfriend bought one for me from Les back in November as a secret Xmas gift.

Said she paid $225 plus shipping for it which if I remember correctly was around $320 total. ( She's in yoga class at the moment so when she get's back I'll edit this post if I'm incorrect )

Also to add is when she talked to him over the phone he said he wasn't going to make anymore as they cost more to make then he could sell them for so he won't be making anymore. She got the last one he made on pure luck that the person who wanted it never paid him for it so he sold it to her.

I'm sure you can all imagine the look on my face when I got that unusually large box open to find out it was the last avialable competition scoop that she hid very well for about a month :D .

WOW!! Does this mean I got the only CF hood vent made by Les.... icon52.gif

No, Apex's information is incorrect. I talked to Les the other day. The Hood scoop's are now made to order. The price for the Fiberglass are 195 plus shipping, he quoted me 45 for shipping as well. He isn't making them in bulk any longer but from what he discussed with me he is now just making them on a order bases. His prices may rise though as is with any small business and rising production costs.

Perhaps the last one Les will make out of carbon, he didn't want to bother with it much because of the little pay off from what he told us but I've got my body guy making a few carbon one's off of the scoop I got with some improvements to the mounting design ( mount's being part of the mold and not clips or globs of resin holding the studs in random locations like mine) and a few other thing's...

• 2 weeks later...

The Z mail I got today listed these as a new part from MSA. Pricing is $250, and it's fiberglass. Pretty darn cool, I might have to get one. Haven't looked through all the pictures in this thread yet, but it looks awesome I think. Wondering if it would play nice with a G nose though.

• 4 months later...

I emailed him yesterday about it. Sounds like he's willing since he just made the first one piece glass hood with one of these made in too. He said on his facebook he was willing to do it, haven't heard back from him via email. I'll let you guys know what happens. I know he's always willing to try something new so I don't doubt he'll be up to the task.

Yeah Justin is having a carbon amd glass hood with this scoop molded into it. The first one should be out soon. Now as far as the dash goes he is willing to make them if he can get a good one to make a mold from. He said they would come with the gauge holes filled as well as the A/C area. That way any one can add their own gauges or what not to make it custom to their application.

The first Carbon Cowl hood came out really nice. His shop is really starting to turn out nice products at good prices. (I'm still trying to get him to do an L88 scoop integrated into a hood for me)

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...