HybridZ

Tool Cart with Lighting

johnc

One of the things I hate when working on cars is a drop light. A little while ago I solved that problem for the times when I'm working under a car on the lift. I added two cheap Pep Boys flood lights and a deep cycle RV battery to my tool cart. The battery has come in handy for jump starting cars and I've rolled the tool cart out to cars I'm working on in the alley in the evening to add light. One day I'll add an electric motor and a steering wheel.

gallery_95_495_37380.jpg

I like that idea. Do you ever glance down and blind yourself?

All the time. Usually when I'm trying to grab a tool with one hand while holding something on the car. Then I just pause for a couple seconds until my eyesight returns. Not as bad as knocking the drop light off the car every 5 minutes and blowing up one of those little fluorescent tubes.

All the time. Usually when I'm trying to grab a tool with one hand while holding something on the car. Then I just pause for a couple seconds until my eyesight returns. Not as bad as knocking the drop light off the car every 5 minutes and blowing up one of those little fluorescent tubes.

Hey, seems like a good trade off. If I still did a lot of work on a two post lift I would steal your idea ;)

I got a good work light for christmas.

It is actually a single led on a flexible neck (a foot long) and a strong magnet base.

So you just stick it to the car floor and point the led at the area your working on, lights up a good foot square from about a foot away. Great for when your welding under the hoist and need the extra bit of light.

Like your idea though.

Edited by garvice

Mercury switch on the frames of your safety glasses, tied to a relay to cut power to the lights via wireless connection so when you look down...lights out. Look up, lights on. Simple.

Sell it, make a million. I get 10%.

You're welcome.

Headlights work for me:

C20081913344299648_LED_Head_lamp_Headlamp_Led_Head_Light_Headlight.jpg

That's actually the exact one I have. First result for led headlamp.

The problem with this light, is if it is on tight enough to keep it from sliding, it gives you lightheadedness. At least the one I used.